Chapter 2

{3 AM}

You were probably on your 4th cup of coffee as you continued to search.

You looked at SO many places and tried to find a location that would fit BOTH of your descriptions but your fiancé was just as boring as you.

You- "God why is my life so hard?"

You said as you rubbed your face.

You were starting to give up hope when you hears keys jiggling from the other side of the door.

Your eyes shifted to the sounds as you heard the locks being disengaged.

Then the door opens, revealing your fiancé with his tie hung loosely and his blazer in his arm.

You stood up to stretch your arms before going over to give him a hug.

Derek- "(Y/N)?"

You- "Hold on, still stretching.."

Derek- "Why are you still awake? I told you not to wait up for me."

You let out a yawn as you closed your laptop before walking over to him.

You- "I know, I was doing some research and lost track of the time."

You were about to lift up your arms to hug him but he turned away before you could even lift your arms high enough for him to see the gesture.

He tossed his blazer on the couch and walked over to the bedroom.

Rude.

You walked over to the bedroom and saw him sitting on the edge of the bed, running his hands from his face up to his hair.

He looked so stressed out.

You knew that feeling all too well, and it made you ALMOST feel sorry for him.

You- "Hey, you okay?"

He let out a sigh before standing up and walking over to his dresser.

Why is he like this?

You don't even avoid him when HE asks you the same thing.

You- "Derek? What's on your mind?"

He removes his tie and puts on a cashmere sweater.

Derek- "Nothing, just get some rest, I have to go take care of something.."

You- "Wait, you're leaving? But you just got here.."

Derek- "I know....I'm sorry....I won't be long.."

You were about to step aside to let him walk out the doorway.

But instead you stood your ground.

Derek- "(Y/N)."

You suddenly remembered what your co-worker had said to you earlier.

She told you multiple times but for some reason tonight was different.

Maybe because this was the first time you caught him coming home from work.

Usually after work, you would just eat something on the way home so you could take a shower and head on up to bed.

But seeing him quickly change once he got home to leave again was suspicious.

Who knows if this wasn't the first time he's had to leave right after getting home.

You're usually asleep around this time.

You- "What's up?"

Derek- "What do you mean?"

You- "Something's bothering you."