Chapter 56

((C/N))

**9 PM**

Your mother paces around the waiting area of the airport while her husband looks out the window.

They were informed an hour ago that the plane will be landing at this time so they went to see their daughter.

Dad- "You should sit honey.."

Mom- "I'm fine.."

Dad- "But its not good for your arthritis-"

Mom- "-Would you stop thinking about me?!"

Your father stands up.

Dad- "Its okay, I know you're nervous, I am too but I hate seeing you in pain.."

Mom- "I just don't understand..."

Your father goes and gestures his wife to sit, which she does.

Mom- "How could Derek get a flight on such short notice but we couldn't??"

Dad- "Because he could afford the flight, either way, as her fiancé he has every right to see her more than we do.."

She shakes her head.

Mom- "No....No something's not sitting well with this man."

Dad- "You're going to start again?"

Mom- "Because I KNOW something is up with him!"

He stayed quiet.

Mom- "I know our daughter has told us that is a superintendent at a school district but I have a feeling that he's lying?"

Dad- "Do you have proof?"

Mom- "Suspicion isn't proof enough?! How can this man be working over 12 hours at a school district?!"

Dad- "(Y/N) says that he attends a lot of PTA meetings."

Mom- "We have attended TONS of PTA meetings while (Y/N) was in school and when have you EVER seen the Superintendent present?!"

Dad- "Calm down, perhaps the rules have changed?"

Mom- "And what about the danger our daughter is in?! Why doesn't this man take action to save her?! Why is he letting the government decide our daughter's fate?! HIS fiancé's fate?! Why doesn't he battle for her freedom?! Request a court date?! Hire a lawyer?! SOMETHING!!"

She then rests her elbows onto her thighs as she cries on her hands.

Mom- "How is he able to see her alive and not us?...It just doesn't make sense to me...Just the thought of me outliving my baby is killing me..."

Her husband goes and hugs her, returning the embrace as well.

Dad- "I know, I was suspicious too....but all of this is just out of our reach and Derek was informed last minute."

Mom- "I just knew my daughter was better off....I've felt a different vibe since the day I first met him...had she met someone else....she would STILL be here..."

The husband then looked forward, out the window to see a jet landing on the runway.

Dad- "They're here.."

She gasps and quickly looks out the window.

Her heart dropped to her stomach at the idea of her daughter's corpse being in that plane.

Dad- "They're letting us see her before they take her to get embalmed."

Your mother covers her face as she cries silently.