Chapter 58

((Later that Night))

You couldn't sleep.

You had nearly slept the whole day so sleep was the last thing on your mind.

After you talked to your parents, Kakucho came in to take his phone, along withDr Hoang, who removed the IV and heart monitor off you.

Apparently HE was the doctor that was present during your execution.

And that was all you needed to know to explain why you are still alive.

The sun set not too long ago and you're looking out the window, watching the lights on Tokyo until you suddenly heard the door click shut.

*CLICK*

You turned over and saw Mikey had just entered the room.

You- "Oh....Hi Mikey..."

Mikey said nothing and slowly walked up to you while looking down.

You- "What's wrong?"

Mikey just kept his eyes down like he wanted to say something but nothing came out.

He then sat on the chair besides you as he played with his thumbs.

You- "Is something wrong?"

Mikey shook his head.

He was quiet until after a while he rested his head on your lap like he did before.

You looked down at him and brought your hand up to run your fingers through his hair.

You could see how much thinner he has gotten.

His black shirt even looked alot bigger on him than you remembered.

You- "You're so thin Mikey...."

He doesn't look at you.

You- "You need to eat."

Mikey sighs.

Mikey- "I know..."

You- "Why haven't you been eating??"

Mikey says nothing.

You- "When you got shot, you were already so thin, I was scared that the wound would've taken your life...."

Mikey suddenly brought up his arms and embraced your torso, causing you to gasp a bit.

How can he be so skinny but so strong at the same time?

Mikey- "I already died a long time ago..."

You- "Mikey.."

Mikey- "I've lost so many people that I care about....that I felt like I didn't know who I was anymore..."

You listened.

Mikey- "People call me the Invincible Mikey.....But.....how come I wasn't strong enough to save anyone...?"

You stroked his scalp again, making him close his eyes.

You- "You're putting too much weight on your yourself..."

.........

You- "I know you're strong Mikey but even you need a break."

.........

You- "But I know what its like....I've tried to stay on the bright side of things, to be hopeful and to be strong for the people around me but I got used and betrayed at the end....not only by the one I thought was the love of my life....but also by the people I thought were my friends..."