Chapter 40

((The Next Day))

*Beep....Beep....Beep....Beep*

You woke up hearing a familiar sound.

The place was bright so you slowly lifted your hand up to wipe your eyes.

Ow..

You felt something dig into the back of your hand when you put pressed it against you eye.

So you blinked to see if that would help.

"She's waking up! Go get the doctor!"

The doctor?

Your eyes finally adjusted and you saw you are in a hospital room.

You also saw your hand is hooked into an IV.

Ugh, so that's what I felt.

"Miss (Y/N)?"

You turned your head to where the voice came from.

"My name is Dr. Wong...How are you feeling?"

You rubbed your eyes with your palm this time.

You- "Ow.."

Wong- "Oh! Careful, your cheek is heavily bruised from the impact you've received..."

"Impact?"

Oh....

That's right...

Wong- "I need to ask you a few questions, just to make sure your memory is still there, if its okay with you of course."

You- "Yeah, I know the protocol."

Wong- "What is your name?"

You- "Its (Y/N)."

Wong- "When is your birthday?"

You- "(DOB)."

Wong- "Which country did you come from?"

You- "(C/N)."

The doctor nods as he jots some notes down.

Wong- "One last question, do you remember anything that happened last night?"

You were about to talk but you stopped.

You weren't sure if you even wanted to talk about it.

One day you were all happy, and then they hated you the next.

You just didn't know what you did.

You were just getting ready to head out and suddenly they tied you up and interrogated you.

They accused you of working for the police but....you're just a nurse..

You were snapped out of your thoughts when the doctor started wiping your cheeks.

Wong- "Its okay miss...you don't need to answer it, I understand that its a sensitive topic."

You- "I just....I just don't know what I did..."

Wong- "Bonten tends to hurt ANYONE that gets in their way, we applaud you for being brave in spying on them for the authorities..."

You- "Spying? What are you talking about?"

The doctor hummed then looks at the nurse and nods.

She steps out of the room, closing the door behind her, leaving you alone with the doctor.

Wong- "Detective Tachibana will be here soon to discuss things with you, they will not tell me all the details, but all I know is that you were getting information for them, yes?"