Chapter 23

"I see them..."

You stood outside the hideout as the car came to view.

As the car got closer and closer, you started to get more and more nervous.

Not nervous because of the people you pissed off.

But because of Mikey's condition.

After your phone conversation with Kakucho you had asked him to pass a message to his colleagues.

You- "When you all get here, don't question me, don't threaten me and please for the love of god, don't bother me, if I ask you to do something, do it, if I ask you guys a question, answer it, and the moment Mikey lays on that bed, don't go in there with me unless I ask you to, because I want to be able to access everything without bumping into people, got it?"

You hoped they actually listened because you don't want to deal with a dying person while having a gun pointed to your head.

But aside from all that, you still couldn't help but wonder how Mikey is doing.

Its been about 10 minutes since the call ended.

If he got shot somewhere fatal, his chances of surviving would be second to none.

If Mikey is still conscious however, theres a higher chance he'll make it.

But you won't know for sure until you see him for yourself.

Once the car pulled up, you rushed over.

Not even waiting for the car to come to a complete stop, you opened the door and stepped inside.

You- "Let me see him."

You kneeled in front of Mikey and your breath hitched.

He looked pale.

His eyes were barely opened.

And you could see his tears dried up on his cheeks.

You gently held his cheeks to lift up his head so you can see his eyes.

You took a small flashlight and shined into them.

Nodding, you gently released him to check his wound.

He had lost alot of blood.

But it was dark.

Okay..

You lifted his shirt up as you examined his wound better.

You let out a breath of relief.

You- "Okay.....The bullet didn't hit his artery so nothing too bad...He lost alot of blood but not enough for a transfusion.....but still, the sooner we remove the bullet and stabilize him the better."

Kakucho- "Do you know where the medic room is?"

You- "Yes, Suki showed me where it is and I have the room prepped already.....I just need someone to help me get Mikey in the room."

Nodding, you got out of the car as the others followed suit.

You rushed inside to get yourself ready as the others helped Mikey get out of the car.

You were washing your hands and arms when Mochi carried Mikey into the medic room and gently layed him onto the bed.

You- "Alright everyone OUT, but keep the door open in case I call for someone."

They nodded and stepped out.

After they left, you put on your protective gear.

You then grabbed the oxygen mask and placed it on him then got him hooked onto the heart monitor.