Chapter 55

((Police Station))

Naoto had been on the phone with the funeral home in regards of a murder that was reported a few hours ago.

Apparently the workers were reported to have been present at the hospital but the identities described doesn't match.

Naoto- "I see...these men were assigned to be present at the hospital and not anyone else?...Because the Sherrif said that he saw 3 men in the Hearse and the airport confirmed that they showed up...yes....yes they delivered the casket...Don't worry I'll get on it...."

Naoto hangs up and sighs.

Nero- "You know its probably them right?"

Naoto nods.

Nero- "If they're there.....then there's a possibility that-."

Naoto- "-(Y/N) is still alive..."

Nero nods.

Nero- "You know if she is still alive....then Derek will not be pleased.."

Naoto clicks his tongue a bit.

Nero- "So what should we do?.."

Naoto sighs as he stayed in thought.

He was quiet for some time before he spoke up.

Naoto- "We investigate the murders."

Nero- "Just the murders? What about (Y/N)?"

Naoto- " The coffin has been delivered and the Jet took off, whatever happens to her OR Derek is none of our concern anymore."

Nero hums.

Nero- "If you say so boss, but you know that means Derek will come after you if (Y/N) isn't in the coffin."

Naoto chuckles.

Naoto- "Like I said....its not our concern if he let the jet take off."

Nero put his focus back on his laptop for a moment to check the surveillance.

He observed the cameras a bit until something caught his attention.

Nero- "Naoto..."

Naoto turns to him.

Nero- "Can you come here for a sec?"

Naoto gets up from his chair and walks over to him.

Naoto- "What is it?"

Nero- "Check this out."

He plays the footage back at the hospital and finds 3 men entering in an elevator.

Everything was fine until about 3 seconds after the doors closed.

One of them opened fire at the 2 men behind him, killing them instantly.

He then removed his hat to reveal his pink hair.

He slowly looked at the camera for a moment then removed his mask to smile and wave at it before shooting at it, causing the footage to cut.

Nero- "You think he's a member of Bonten?"

Naoto- "If he is, then why did he reveal his identity to us?"

Nero shrugged.

Nero- "She must be REALLY important to them if they were willing to show their faces to us."

Naoto nods then thought for a moment.

Nero- "What's on your mind boss?"

Naoto- "I just thought of something....if that guy truly works for Bonten....then that means..."