Chapter 20

((Hideout))

After you finished eating, you waited about 30 minutes before you decided to just get out of your room to take the tray down.

The maid, who you learned is named Suki, said that she would come back later to take the tray but she didn't.

You thought she might've been tired so you decided to help her out and pick up your own plate.

You didn't mind it, it not like you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth anyways.

You didn't hear or see anyone around so you somewhat felt that you were safe to walk around the mansion without having to worry about getting assaulted again.

Your throat still hurt and you were still a bit dizzy but nothing intolerable like when you regained consciousness earlier.

You still wondered what that was about though?

You literally didn't do anything to piss them off.

Unless someone didn't like that Kakucho brought me my food and that made them snap?

No.

It was probably something else.

As much as it sounds convincing that some of the members gave off that kind of vibe, you doubt that was the case.

But either way, you were thankful to be alive though.

You honestly thought you were gonna die right then and there.

If they wanted to kill you then they would've done so already.

You already had a gun pointed at you twice already so they would've done the job if told to.

But you're still alive so you'll still have the last laugh.

Coming downstairs felt weird.

The mansion was quiet.

And now that you were able to look around some more, you noticed how nice and spacious it was.

It was still a bit dim but even so, you could tell it was nice.

It wasn't too early in the morning but the sun was barely coming up.

Once you reached the kitchen, you saw that there were no dishes in the sink so you decided to wash your dishes.

How much longer will I need to stay here?

You asked yourself.

Even though Japan is nice, you missed your home.

You missed the atmosphere.

The open areas.

Your freedom.

Mostly your freedom.

You were technically still on leave for work but only for 2 weeks.

Its barely been a week and even so you wondered if they'll even let you go.

You weren't even worried about losing your job because they kind of need you.