Chapter 19.

"I still can't believe you're coming, it's like a dream come true!" Lucas grinned happily, clapping his hands as we walked through the hallways.
"The boys have their work cut out, the varsity vipers are one of the best around from what I've heard," He continued, pushing open the double doors and letting warm, evening air hit us.

"Really? You think they can do it?" I questioned, glancing over at his face, the low sun highlighting his face.

"Fucking definitely, if it was anything like last season, they'll smash them," He smirked.
"Especially Caiden. He isn't called their best player for his jawline, although I wouldn't blame them if it were," He added with a wink. With a loud laugh, I slapped his bicep playfully, he only laughed harder at me.

"Enough about him. How're things with Nick?" I questioned with a wiggle of my brows.

"W-What? Nick? I haven't seen him, why?" He got out quickly, only making my smile widen.

"I noticed how touchy you guys are recently, can a girl not be curious?" I smirked, forcing his jaw to hit the ground.

"Checkmate," I grin lazily, sitting back away from the chessboard and stretching my back.

"Fucking again?!" Nickolas snapped, his mouth agape and his brows furrowed as he studied the board.

 "I told you, she's terrifying while playing chess," Lucas shrugged with a grin, glancing over at Nick's confused face.

"Again!" He barked, lining up his pieces once again, I only giggled.

"You're so desperate to have your ass handed to you again?" I asked with a tilt of my head, he narrowed his eyes at me. 

"You're terrible," He huffed, my smile widened.

"Maybe."
It took 43 moves to beat Nick, trapping him between my queen and rook at the edge of the board, he groaned as he crossed his arms angrily over his chest, studying my face, probably plotting my death. 

"She wiped the goddam floor with you," Lucas laughed as he pushed Nick's shoulder playfully, Nick only rolled his eyes, slapping his hand away quickly, only making Lucas laugh harder. 

"Shut up," He grumbled, a wide smile forming on his face a few seconds after.
"Best of 70?" He asked, I rolled my eyes at him with a grin. 

"Hey girls," Evan laughed as he walked up to us, placing a quick peck on my cheek before sitting down next to Nick, I smiled at him.

Oh right, that.

The past week, I've gotten Evan to warm up to me, turns out he isn't so bad as I thought. Despite the guy constantly smoking or snorting some kind of drug, the guy is pretty funny when he starts talking.
"Suprised you guys aren't doing facemasks," He added with a quick scoff.

"Without you?" I questioned, he shot me a playful wink. 

The conversation between the four of us flowed smoothly, we changed the subject to our current school work, Lucas and Nick talking about their project in science they were partnered up for. I've noticed recently they've been close, closer than normal. Did I think they had something going on? Million percent. I'll admit, they were cute together, the way Lucas touched him whenever he got the chance, whether it was brushing shoulders, pushing each other, or even pulling him somewhere by the hand or wrist. Each time he did, Nick would immediately blush, I guess he wasn't as confident as he pretends he is. No matter, they were fucking adorable.

"C'mon Luca, I'm your best friend, tell me about it," I grinned, nudging his arm with mine softly, forcing his eyes to fall down to me.

He stopped suddenly, blowing out a big sigh. I stopped in front of him, furrowing my brows as I took in his sad expression.
Shit, did I push too far?