Chapter 46.

TW: Mentions of drug abuse and suicide.

"So.. what would- how would they kill him?" She questioned, picking up her tea and taking another sip.

"Due to his crimes against the mafia, and you, most likely something painful, slow, public. They could go the old-fashioned way, either tear him apart limb by limb until he dies or death by 1000 cuts," I shrugged. Her eyes met mine, filled with pure horror.
"I'm trying to convince my father to do it quick, a shooting, even a hanging would be more forgiving. But he'll sentence him soon, and we'll know then. I suggest you and your mom visit him before that... if you want to see him at all that is," I mumbled, and she nodded slowly.
"I'm sorry Oaklyn, I'm trying to stop his suffering as much as I can, but-"

"Thank you Caiden, for getting me through this," She whispered, making me smile softly.

"I only wish I could help more," I explained quietly.

She sat in silence for a while thinking over the information I'd just told her. But then she looked up at me.
"Your go, you said you'd tell me everything I wanted to know. Are there.. boundaries? Things that are off-limits?" She questioned as she got from her chair and slid next to me, sitting cross-legged on the sofa as she watched me closely, her mug resting on the spot on top of her ankle bone.

"Ask away." I squeezed her knee softly, shooting her a soft smile.

This was it, I was about to lay myself out for her, no secrets or information hidden.

"Start when you were younger," She took my hand in hers, squeezing softly.

Pulling her into my side, I positioned her body next to mine, her head resting against my shoulder, her legs folded in mine. Maybe this would be easier, not having to see her face, her pity.

"My childhood was fairly happy before I started training. My grandmother would often visit, and sometimes I'd visit her in Paris. My father was usually away at the mafia base and was very rarely at home anyway, leaving our care in my mother's hands. She was a lovely mother, she nurtured us all until it came to my father and training. I remember she walked me to him, dropped me in that training room, and left without looking back. It was seen as a bad thing for a mother to nurture his son when training, she helped clean me up after the aftermath. Her and Isabelle."

"Training was okay at first, strict but bearable. But after I'd learned the basics, hand-to-hand combat, gun shooting, bone structures, it slowly got worse. My father didn't believe in giving up, you stopped fighting when you couldn't get back up. I told you a lot about the training conditions and tests we were out under, some more brutal than others, especially when I grew older. But it was when my father announced my future marriage to Jessica Vonre, her family a main ally to the mafia still, that my life went to shit. We'd known each other for a while, got together at 15 roughly. I was a pretty shy kid, so his announcement at a mafia fucking ball was a bombshell. After getting to know her, I liked her, yknow? She was pretty, funny, and I was young and naive. When we started dating it was clear she moved faster than I did, many times her ideas of fun would be flirting, subtle touching. I didn't particularly like it, but I knew I'd have to like her one way or another, so I tried to force myself to like her like that. She was younger by a few months, so when I turned 16, she was still 15. She just came out and said that she wanted to have sex with me, and I was so fucking confused and shocked by what just flew out of her mouth, I didn't even have a reply. I told her I wasn't really ready, that I didn't know what the fuck to do, sex was never something I really thought about as a kid, I was too busy trying to work out ways to win training sessions to care about that type of stuff. To have a girl want me like that was big fucking news to me, I never realized she was actually serious all those times before. I was brought up to believe women shouldn't have those feelings, that sex for them was for making children, not pleasure. Their sex is lying on their back and letting a man climb on top, and that's it, it didn't even have to feel good for them. So for her to just- Everything I thought  I knew just went out the fucking window," I explained, my voice gradually getting quieter as I recalled the memory.