Chapter 27.

"Holy fuck, Benjy do that to you?" Evan asked with a grin, studying my bruised jaw.

I rolled my eyes as I necked the rest of my drink, my eyes straying over to my sister Alex and Nick's sister Jasmine as they talked happily, both sneaking champagne. Jasmine glanced over at me, shooting me a shy smile before looking back at Alex.

"You of all people," Nick sighed, shaking his head at the fact his sister has a crush on me of all people.

"It's cute, don't you think?" Evan asked with a smirk.
"I mean, she is pretty fucking beautiful," He added with a shrug, making Nick's jaw hit the ground in utter disbelief.

"Call my sister beautiful again, I'll put your head on a stick! She's 17!" He snapped, pointing her finger in his face.

"Just sayin'," Evan shrugged, holding his hands up in mock surrender.

My eyes glided over the people in the room, different mafia leaders and members dotted around. Some talked with one another, others only offering dirty glances across the room. I spotted Tobias, his wife Jane, and Jasper Buggon arriving somewhat earlier, greeting my mother and father politely, despite the nasty stares.

Isabelle and Joseph were talking happily while they danced across the room, Benjy almost throwing up at the sight as he sauntered closer to Nick, Evan, and myself.
"I'm bored," He huffed, eyeing Evan's cigarette curiously as his gaze fell back to me.

I smirked at him as I fixed his tie, something he desperately despised.
"I know buddy, a few more hours and you're allowed to go, alright? Why don't you go dance?" I questioned, shooting a glare over at Evan, who was still smoking.

Nick, clearly catching on, ripped the smoke from Evan's mouth and out it out, shooting him a funny look when he sighed in defeat.

"No! There's no one else here my age. Besides, that's boring," He pouted, crossing his arms over his chest as he slid into a chair next to me.

"Alright, alright. What about Alex? I'm sure she'd be happy to-" My jaw hit the ground when I spotter her, my sentence disappearing on my tongue.
"Oh fuck," I gasped, my eyes raking over her slowly, taking in everything about her.

Time stopped.

She wore a dark plum dress that hit the floor, a slit running up her left leg, exposing her mid-thigh. Her hair was curled and pinned up from her face, a few curls framing her flawless face. From what I could see, her makeup was fairly dark. Her lips were a dark espresso color, eyes smoky with browns and blacks, highlighting the extreme blueness of her then.

And then they met mine.
And time stopped again.

Fizzling tension separated us, our gaze locked in heated desire. My eyes dropped down her body again, unable to help myself.
She was a goddess.

Her cheeks flushed slightly as I met her gaze once again, her eyes scanning me briefly before falling to the man next to her, narrowing slightly as her lips moved with silent words.

Henry Santidore.

I watched his cold stature as he talked down to her, hair dark with some white streaks going through, symbolizing his old age. Suit dark, matching with his wife who clung to his arm, eyes flickering between her daughter and husband.

Suddenly, he broke away from them, guiding himself and his wife away from her. Oaklyn shot a quick glance in my direction before she was approached by Jasper.

My blood boiling.

Tobias took her hand gently, kissing her knuckles as he shot her a very friendly smile. She returned it as she snuck a glance at Jasper, her smile tightening slightly.