Chapter 61.

I woke with light seeping in through the window, warming my face and body. Caiden's arm was thrown over me carelessly, fingers placed delicately over my ribcage. His head was placed on my chest, the hot breath from his nose tickling the bare skin of my breast. I went to his hair, running my fingers through the soft, dark strands. I smiled faintly as his grip on me tightened slightly, nudging his face slightly closer into my body before puffing out a relaxed sigh, eyes still closed.

I remained quiet as I played with his hair, taking in his soft, tanned features as I recalled the events of last night.

I killed my father.
And surprisingly, didn't feel too bad about it.

I remember little about what went down in the shower, only the fact that he held me for over an hour as I sobbed into his chest. I studied his perfect face, eyes trailing from his face, down his shoulders, and over his back. I studied the tanned bits of skin that were not covered in dark ink, relishing at how soft his skin looked. Despite loving Caiden's tattoos, I loved to see his bare skin slightly more. It reminded me that, not only he'd been to hell and back and come out an angel, but that he was truly mine. When people look at Caiden, they see his tattoos, his toned body, his bad boy reputation, and believe he is a womanizer. I once only saw that too.

Now, I look at him and I see beneath that. I see his soft nature, gentle heart, how loving he is. I know he craves hugs every minute of the day, and if he could, would spend all day in bed receiving light scratches on his back. I smiled softly at him, I was happy he let me into his life, trusted me with his past, let me see his vulnerable side where all he wanted was to be loved and to be able to give his love to someone who cherished it.
Who cherished him.

My left hand still remained in his hair, fingers playing with the strands. My right hand trailed down his shoulder and back, lightly dragging my nails over him, knowing that it was his favorite way to wake up in the mornings. He took about 10 minutes to wake, however, I didn't mind just memorizing him when he looked so peaceful. He stirred softly, head nudging against my skin, turning his face from the side until he was face down, groaning softly and huffing out a huge sigh through his nose.

"Mmh, not yet," He muttered in a whiney tone, making me laugh softly.

"Morning baby," I greeted, grinning at him as he leaned up from my chest, rubbing his eyes and face, propped up on his elbows.

"Mi amore (my love).." He muttered in the rough voice I loved so fucking much, glancing at my face.

I felt heat rise in my face from his admiring look, eyes grazing over each part of me. I was suddenly painfully aware of how naked I was, and how naked he was under the covers which covered everything below his hips. I realized my chest would be exposed if it weren't for his arm that was slung around me protectively, his fingertips grazing the side of my boob and the side of my ribcage.

His gaze dropped from my face, going over my neck, trailing to my collarbone, going lower and lower-
He smiled.

"Now, this is a sight I don't mind waking up to," He admitted, eyes flicking back up to my face.

I rolled my eyes playfully, making him dip his head, swiping his tongue over my peaked left nipple, sucking into his mouth. I inhaled sharply, hand tightening in his hair as he flicked his tongue over me. His hands went to the sides of my ribs, fingers wrapped around my waist, thumb stroking over my middle. He began to place kisses over my chest, leading to the valley of my breasts, and going low to my belly button.
"Oh my beautiful girl, I don't think I've ever loved you more," Caiden muttered, grazing me with his teeth, butterflies racing through me at the sound of his deep voice and extremely affectionate words.