Chapter 49.

Evan's Pov:

Since I'd seen Isabelle last week, my mind has been nothing but a mess. I hadn't seen her in a while, I almost thought I'd moved on from her until I saw her again. Standing in Caiden's kitchen, jeans so figure-hugging it left nothing yet everything to the imagination, her shirt exposing the tanned skin of her collarbone and slight cleavage. Her hair was still dark brown, never dying her hair, unlike Alex.

I swung at the punching bag, however, it wasn't doing much to settle my edge that had been lingering for the past fucking week. I struck again, and again, and again.

"Hit any harder and it'll fly off the hinges," I heard Nick's voice come from somewhere in front of me.

Rolling my eyes, I didn't bother looking at him, or even greeting him, instead, I focused on pretending the punching bag in front of me was Joseph's stupid fucking face.

"Oh I get it, you're still brooding after running into Isabelle again," Nick started talking again, this time, my head snapped up. I leveled him with the dirtiest, death glare I could muster. He visibly gulped but pretended to not be phased by my warning stare.
"Don't give me that look, I saw the way you watched her, you looked like you were back being 15," He scoffed, with a shrug.

"Nickolas, unless you want to become this punching bag, I'd shut your fucking mouth," I gritted, slamming my fists back into the bag.

"Shit, dude. When was the last time you got laid?" He commented, making me roll my eyes.

"About 2 hours ago, thank you very much," I snapped back.

Truth was, sleeping with women hadn't distracted me at all, multiple times I'd kick them out before I even finished, unable to even focus on what I was doing. All I could think about was how Joseph would touch her, touch her as no one else had, knowing how she'd like to be touched. It fucking killed me to imagine it, knowing I would never get that chance to have her in my arms, and yet I couldn't stop thinking about it.

"Imagine it was her?" He chuckled softly, making me strike the bag harder than I had in the past hour.

"Watch your fucking mouth," I hissed at him.
"She's fucking married."

"And who's fault is that?" He countered.

"It's no one's fault, she loves him, who am I to deny her of that?" I shrugged, trying to cool my shit before anyone else came in the training room and overheard we were talking about our boss's daughter.

"Love? Please, she's bored with him, you have to see that," He pushed, making me snap completely.

"What the fuck do you want me to say, Nick? That, what? I've been in love with my best friend's sister since I was some stupid fucking kid and I'm losing my mind because I happened to run into her?" I complained, staring at him hatefully.

"I thought I was your best friend!" Nick objected quickly with a hurtful pout, I only narrowed my brows.
"Okay, I get it. You're in a pissy mood, and sleeping with some chicks isn't fucking helping. I just don't understand why you haven't done anything about it," Nick sighed, leaning against the wall after throwing me my shirt. I caught it with one hand, taking a drink of my water with the other.

"I don't understand why you're so concerned all of a sudden. Her wedding was a year ago or so, why the sudden interest?" I deflected as I wiped the sweat from my forehead, pushing my dark blonde hair from my eyes. 

"Because I thought you would've moved on by now, but when I saw you just looking at her- Listen, all I'm saying is, she's fucking bored dude. You both deserve to be happy, and me being the ultimate matchmaker, believe you could make each other very happy," He shrugged.