Chapter 71.

Evan's pov:

"And I thought Caiden was bad when he's pissed off," Nick scoffed from somewhere behind me.

I rolled my eyes, deciding to ignore him and continue my plank. My muscles were burning, feeling sweat dripping from my body and hair, a few beads hitting the floor beneath me.

I glanced at my phome timer, 4:25. I groaned, closing my eyes as I tried to think about anything else.

"Go any longer and you'll make a puddle of sweat,"  Nick commented again, clenching my jaw to stop myself from replying to him.

I racked through my brain to try and think about something to distract myself from looking at the timer.

My mind went back to Isabelle.
Because of course it fucking did.

I'd been coming in later recently, having to make a few trips to The Rouge and check in on a new recruit with Dion and Marlene, 2 girls who worked there.

"You're looking more miserable than normal," Dion smiled, placing a glass full of whiskey in front of me, tilting her head so her dark red hair fell over her shoulder, exposing her neck.

I shrugged, picking at my thumb nail, glancing up at her freckled face.

She went to open her mouth when her eyes drifted to somewhere behind me, with a sigh, she looked back to my face.
"You have a fan club gathering," She teased, making me raise a brow before glancing over my shoulder.

As she said, a group of 4 girls were watching me across the room, the same lazy smile on each of their faces as they waved and batted their eyelashes.

I looked back to Dion before taking a swig of the drink she served me.
"I've never known you to turn down a girl's attention, what's on your mind?" She questioned, furrowing her brows, concern flashing in her amber eyes.

"Jus'not interested," I got out, rubbing a hand over my face, and pinching my nose.

"Is there a special girl you're waiting for?" She pushed, wiggling her eyebrows at me mischievously.

At the mention, my mind went back to Isabelle. God, I wanted to see her. I knew it would be wrong if I made my move on her when she's still married, but goddam everytime I see her, it makes me rethink my whole fucking life.

"Something like that," I brushed off, narrowing my eyes at her laugh.

"Well, well. Evan Wylde, the famous womanizer, brooding like a love-sick puppy. Consider me shocked you found someone who ignored your advances," She taunted, making me shoot her a dirty look.

"I'm not discussing this with you," I snapped with a roll of my eyes, slipping my phone into my pocket and began shrugging on my jacket.

"Why not? You're talking to an ultimate woman pleaser," She winked, gesturing her head towards Marlene, who was serving a customer.

"It's a wonder how your head is still connected to your neck seen as it's so far up your own ass," I smiled sarcastically, making her shoot me a vulgar hand gesture

"Hey," She called out after me  making me glance back at her, nodding once.
"Any girl would be lucky to have you, Wylde. You're pretty charming when you drop the whole brooding bad boy persona," She offered with a smile, to which I nodded once more.

The sound of the timer brought me from my thoughts, flahsing that my 5 minutes was up. I blew out a sigh as I jumped up, thankful to be resting my aching muscles, and wiped the sweat from my face.