Chapter 79.

Oaklyn

Watching Caiden train and spar was enough to drive anyone insane.

I couldn't help but study the way is powerful muscles moved and strained with each movement, his small grunts as he worked through his workout.

The way his eyes always managed to catch me staring, smirking to himself but never commenting.

That however, was a blessing, as if he acknowledged me watching him, I would've had him right here on the floor of the gym.
Maybe the wall.

The tatse of his sweat lingered on my tongue from when I'd licked him, and who fucking knew sweat was so sexy.

Okay, maybe sweat wasn't sexy.
But he made everything sexy.

My dirty thoughts came to a hault when Evan and Nick walked in, Nick with a knowing grin on his face.

God, I was wet for Caiden with his golden chest, and messy hair which was damp with sweat, his basketball shorts that hugged his hips, tempting me with the curve of his ass, veins that ran down his arms and hands.

One word for him.
Delicious.

"Earth to Oaklyn," Nick laughed, making me blink as I tore my eyes from Evan and Caiden who had been sparing.

"Sorry, here. What were you saying?" I questioned, smiling brightly at him.

"Lucas. I asked him to dinner tonight. I think I'm gonna tell him how I feel," He muttered, making me clap excitedly.

"I smell romance in the air," I grinned, making him chuckle softly.

"Do you think it'll go well? I mean, do you think he likes me back? What if he doesn't, and I ruin what we have going on?" He questioned nervously, making me take his hand and squeeze it reassuringly.

"I think the two of you are amazing together, and tonight will go well, very well infact. Maybe you should prep your room, light some candles, rose petals-"

He shoved me playfully, making me laugh.
"Okay, okay. I get it, fireworks and stars," He grinned, making me nod.

"Honestly Nick, you won't regret it," I muttered, nudging him with my shoulder.

He smiled at me before his eyes skipped to Evan and Caiden, who were still sparing.

I couldn't stop the smile forming on my face, I was happy for Nick and Lucas, they were the closest things I've ever had to a brother.

Evan.. He was more reserved, he observed and listened, rather than talking and leading a conversation.

I believe I had definitely grown on Evan since we first talked, he was slow to warm for sure, but was actually really sweet when you got to know him.

I'll never understand how Isabelle picked Joseph over him, but was happy she was waiting for him now.

Caiden and Evan sparred against eachother a few more times before Caiden called it quits, obviously not wanting to overwork Evan's back.

His back was getting better, that was for sure, but I'd never forget how...horrible it had been when it was fresh.

When Caiden, Isabelle and I had walked into that room, Evan's face pale and damp with sweat, arms bound to two posts, blood coating his skin.

His tattoos on his shoulder blades had been damaged through the punishment, but that seemed to be the least of his concerns.

I remember the way he looked when he saw Isabelle, breathing in her scent as she kneeled infront of him. It was like she soothed his pain away.