Chapter 73.

Caiden

Everyone was happy when Oaklyn and I told them the news, Nick and Evan hugging Oaklyn and me slightly longer than normal.

Isabelle hovered close to Evan, not very used to bars and was slightly nervous. Evan, trying to relax her, whispered things into her ear, making her laugh and smile, whispering back.

The sight of them made me happy, knowing Isabelle deserved someone who loved her, and Evan getting the girl he's loved since childhood.

Nick, Oaklyn and Lucas laughed loudly together, carrying most of the conversation across the table.

I'd noticed Evan wasn't drinking as much, probably because he was driving back, but also enjoying the company of Isabelle, who was still on her first glass of wine.

Oaklyn was on my right, laughing with Lucas and leaning into me casually, her fingers rubbing over my hand.

I was happy in that moment.
I was surrounded by the people I care about, and they were happy.

Oaklyn and Lucas got drunk together, challenging eachother to a drinking game. They each had 6 shots, whoever drank them the fastest was the winner.
Winner of what? They hadn't actually gotten that far into thinking.

Lucas had won by a long shot, only making Oaklyn laugh harder as she spat some of her drink onto him in defeat, tears streaming from his eyes as they giggled like children.

I smiled as I watched them, her mainly, appreciating their closeness.

"Whatever, I won in spirit!" Oaklyn declared happily, her laugher settling.

"Pffft, lies," Lucas chuckled, pointing a finger in her face.

She snacked her teeth at it, threatening to bite it before he quickly pulled it back with a drunk-filled chuckle.

"That's a great idea!" Lucas claimed happily, making Oaklyn tilt her head slightly, her soft hair falling over her shoulder and brushing my arm eith the movement.
"Drinking game!" He exclaimed, making Oaklyn clap her hands with an excited nod.

Not caring about the protests, Lucas and Oaklyn managed to convince everyone to go along with their game of truth or drink. I was sure they made up the rules, but couldn't find it in me to argue against Oaklyn's cheery self.

The rules were that someone was asked a question, and had to give an honest answer, if they refused, they drank.

"Okay, Evan, you're up first. Most uncomfortable place you've had sex?" Nick cackled, making Evan shake his head.

"And here I thought this would be nice and easy," He grumbled, clearly resisting the urge to glance at Isabelle, who tried her best not to seem too interested.

"Most uncomfortable? I'd say a car," He shrugged casually, making Nick nod in agreement.

I caught that when Evan lost his attention, he glanced over to find Isabelle, shooting her an apologetic smile.

"Oaklyn! Favorite position?" Lucas questioned, earning a laugh from her as she thought about her answer.

I was curious to hear it.

"As basic as it is, probably cowgirl," She finally settled on with an approving nod, making me chuckle softly, earning a wide grin from her.

"Caiden, would you ever have a threesome?" Evan laughed mischievously, making me scowl at him.

"My sister is literally sitting right there," I sighed with a shake of my head, thinking over my answer.

I glanced over at Oaklyn, to find her staring at me curiously.