Chapter 43.

I fiddled nervously with my hair, throwing the straight stands behind my shoulders and down my back. I tried to keep my eyes on my lap, however, it was difficult. Caiden's ringed fingers tapped a rhythmic beat on his steering wheel, his other hands moving the gearstick through the different gears effortlessly. 
"Is Joseph really as bad as you say?" I questioned, making him glance over at me. 

"I don't like him, and I don't think you will either. He's much too opinionated with misogynistic views, but you can make up your own mind, that I'm sure of," He winked over at me, squeezing my thigh reassuringly. When he went to pull it away, I reached for it and held it there, needing him to touch me to try and calm my nerves.
"Hey, you okay?" He questioned.
"Cause I can totally turn this car around, and I can find another way to preoccupy your time, guaranteed you'll enjoy it," He continued, and although he was joking, I knew if I wanted he'd drive me straight back to his. 

"I'll be fine, just nervous, y'know? Are Evan and Nick coming?" I questioned, Caiden shook his head.

"Evan couldn't think of anything worse than seeing Joseph, and Nick had a date with a tv show," He laughed.

"Evan doesn't like Joseph either?" I questioned, making him shake his head.

"Evan used to like my sister, and I mean head over heels for her. She met Joseph, married him, took in Benjy, so Evan distanced himself. He hates him," Caiden explained, making my jaw drop.

"He liked your sister?" I questioned, completely shocked at what he was saying.

"Fuck yeah, looked at her like a lost puppy," Caiden shrugged, squeezing my leg again. 

"Is that why he doesn't do the whole romance thing?" I questioned, he nodded. 
"Anyway, the bar we're going to, is it good?" I asked, eyes drifting to his tapping fingers, veiny hands sending all kinds of emotions through me.

"Oh yeah, The Rouge is Italian mafia owned, I own the place," He grinned, making me scoff.

"Of course you do," I laughed softly, running a finger over a vein on his hand, still on my thigh. He glanced over at where I touched him, up to my face, and just stared at me.

"Did I tell you how pretty you look?" He muttered, still searching my face.

"You may have mentioned it," I shrugged sarcastically, knowing damn well he's complimented me since he first laid eyes on me.

He grinned at me softly, shaking his head as he glanced back to the road.

"You wanna leave, give me a nudge and we're out of there," He continued, I nodded along with him.

"If this all goes to shit, I want a taco after this," I huffed, making him smirk over at me.

"I'll buy you a taco truck if you wanted me to, love,"  He smiled, and I knew he was being deadly serious. 

"It can be a wedding gift," I continued, he nodded quickly.

"Oh I will, I'm gonna buy you a taco truck, play Eminem, and get an Elvis there," He explained, making me laugh at him.

"I love you, you know that?" I giggled, kissing his hand.

"Oh, but I love you more," He reassured, making me shake my head.

"Not happening, Fulton! I love you the most, that's a fact!" I claimed, he was already shaking his head.

"Bullshit! Oaklyn Santidore, you cannot compete with the love I have for you, I have no problem showing you that," He smirked proudly.
"I'll even let you choose what I use, tongue or dick?" He continued, making me laugh at him.