Chapter 74.

Isabelle

Warning: A MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING OF SEXUAL ASSAUL AND DEATH, PLEASE READ WITH CAUTION.

I shifted softly, feeling the warmth of the sun on my face, pouring through the window.

I blew out a soft sigh, rubbing my head against the warm pillow.

However, I froze.
Since when did pillows have heartbeats?

Flashbacks of last night came back to me, knowing that my head was currently on Evan's hot, muscled chest.

I tried to keep calm, pretend I was still asleep and kept my eyes closed while I thought of what I'd say to him.

"You're not a very convincing actor, Isabelle," Evan's deep voice rumbled, the vibration going through his chest and straight into my bones.

I sighed softly, opening an eye and looked up at him.

He was good looking on any day, but in the morning.. he was godlike.

Sleep relaxed his face, his deep voice laced with it. The sun hit his golden skin, kissing his chiseled body and gorgeous tattoos.

I met his eyes, a beauitul hazel colour.

"Good morning to you too," I huffed, closing my eye again. He let out a soft chuckle, making me smile before my eyes fluttered open, scanning over him again.

We were tangled in eachother, closer than we had started last night. I leaned up on his chest, drinking in his musky, masculine scent.

"What time is your flight?" I questioned softly, making him groan, shutting his eyes as he sighed.

"I'm not talking about that right now," He huffed, making me grin.

Licking my lips, I pressed a kiss to his chest, lingering there before pulling back.

I glanced up at him to find him watching me, taking a shaky inhale of breath through his nose.

I pressed another kiss to the space under his collarbone before resting my chin there.
"So what do you normally talk about when you wake up next to a girl?" I questioned, smiling up at him.

He hesitated before answering.
"Normally nothing," He answered, making me cock an eyebrow.

"You're more into physical stuff?" I questioned, making him chuckle softly, shaking his head.

"No, I uh.. I normally don't do the whole sleepover thing," He explained quietly, looking almost nervous for my reaction.

"Ever?" I asked, genuinely shocked.

He merely shook his head, making me nod slowly, glancing over him once more.

"Don't you ever get lonely?" I questioned softly, making him watch me silently for a few moments.

"I'm used to being on my own," He shrugged, making me tilt my head.

"I suppose. But it never..bothers you?" I pushed, making him hesitate.

It was clear he wasn't used to being so open, vulnerable.

"Sometimes, more so with Caiden and Oaklyn together, and now Nick and Lucas. I just find ways to keep busy, I guess," He muttered, shrugging carelessly.

"That's why you have so many women?" I questioned, trying to figure him out.

I don't think I've ever had a more personal conversation with Evan. When we were younger, he was always shy and sweet, but now? He was a man.