Chapter 59.

I knew I'd barely be getting any sleep tonight.

Death by one thousand cuts.

I knew my rein would start tomorrow night, as my father's heart stops, the English mafia will be mine.
I had no idea how to rule a fucking mafia, especially while I'd be at school for the next 6 months. I suppose I'd leave it to my mother while I was away, I know my father told her a lot about dealing with it when they were closer, way before I was born.

I was feeling completely numb about tomorrow, I wasn't scared or sad, I felt nothing.

My period had stopped this morning, which was pretty much the only good thing that happened today, at least I wouldn't have to deal with cramps tomorrow.
Now that would just be shitty.

"Oaklyn, baby," Caiden muttered, making me blink for the first time in 5 minutes, my eyes drifting to him. He stood by the bathroom door, arms crossed over his chest as he leaned against the wood, eyes sad as he watched me.

I knew he was worried, despite reassuring him he didn't need to.

I stood from the bed, beginning to walk over to him slowly.

His green eyes only watched me, not moving from the doorway.
When I reached him, I leaned up, pressing a soft kiss on his mouth. He took a few moments to respond to me, one hand sliding around my waist, the other pushing my hair behind my ear slowly. I leaned into his touch, loving how warm his skin was, and how gentle he was.

I wanted nothing between us then, not air or clothes, I wanted us completely joined as one. I ran one of my hands through his hair, lacing in the dark stands at the back of his head, and pulled him harder against me, my other hand remaining on his chest.

He pecked my lips softly before nuzzling his nose against my jaw, placing feather-soft kisses on my skin, his thumb rubbing the material that sat at my hip.

"Caiden?" I muttered softly, kissing his tragus before sucking his lobe into my mouth. He inhaled shallowly, his grip on my waist tightening slightly as he pulled me flush against him. He hummed in reply, lips staying on my neck.
"Can I ask you to do something?" I questioned quietly, the hand in my hair falling to my shoulder and rubbing down my bare arm slowly.

"Of course," He muttered back, kissing my jaw once more before looking at me, pecking my lips once more, waiting for my response.

"Trust me," I replied, leaning up to kiss his lips.

I could sense his slight confusion.

"I already trust you," He reassured, kissing me again.

I smiled against his mouth.
"Then open your mouth for me," I grinned before kissing his lips once more.

He laughed softly before leaning back into me, lips brushing mine before he allowed me to slip my tongue into his mouth, a soft hum leaving my throat as I melted into his taste.

I could taste the glass of wine he had about half an hour ago when I roamed his mouth, my tongue gliding around his own. Soon, both of his hands were on my hips, drawing me into him as he tilted his head down to me, kissing me deeply.

I dipped my mouth from his, running my tongue up the length of his throat slowly, kissing his Adam's apple when I got there, my hands wrapping around his neck.

The speed of his breathing increased quickly, his grip on me tightening as he pulled me into him harder, one hand falling down to my ass and rubbing softly. I huffed a soft sound into his mouth, licking his tongue leisurely before leaning back, dragging his lip and the ring there between my teeth, tugging gently.