Chapter 66.

Oaklyn

"Are you excited?" Caiden asked, glancing over his shoulder at me with a grin as he poured two glasses of wine, one for him and one for me.

I smirked, glancing up at him, my eyes raking glancing over the tattoos exposed over his tanned back.
"I can't believe it! I mean, Paris. I don't even have words," I laughed softly, seeing his eyes twinkling at me happily.

He turned to face me fully, strolling over to the bed I was perched on casually, wine glasses in hand.

"You're going to love it," He grinned, handing me my glass. I leaned up, pecking his mouth with mine as I took my glass, muttering a soft thank you.

He tucked a loose strand of my hair which had fallen from my bun behind my ear before sitting next to me, taking a sip of wine before resting his back against the headboard, glancing over the book I'd been reading.
"What's it about?" He muttered, gesturing to the book with his chin before he met my eyes.

All words escaped me at the soft greenness staring back at me, soft dust of freckles going over his nose and defined cheekbones. My eyes snagged on the faint remnants of the scar which sliced down his eyebrow and halfway down his cheek, realizing how lucky he had been to have kept his sight in that eye.

Not saying anything, I reached my hand to his face, stroking my thumb over the fading scar, which would never again heal fully, starting at his cheek.

He silently let me trace over it, closing his eyes as I followed it over his eyelid. He leaned into my touch, angling his head enough to press a soft kiss to the palm of my hand, eyes opening when I dragged my thumb over his eyebrow before dropping my hand.
"You're so perfect," I commented, making his lips turn upward, a soft chuckle leaving him as he shook his head.

Not responding, he placed a kiss on my forehead, making me grin before cuddling into him, resting my head under his chin, and soaked up his scent. His arm wrapped around my waist, holding me to him as he pressed another kiss to my shoulder.

"Tell me more about your grandmother, have you told her you will be visiting her?" I prompted, taking a sip of my wine, savoring the taste before swallowing, feeling it trickle down my throat nicely.

"Yes, I've told her we are visiting, she's very excited about meeting you," He explained, thumb running my stomach softly.

I tilted my head around to face him, lips twisted in amusement.

"She is?" I questioned, making him nod, pecking my lips.

"Of course, she's interested in seeing who has, now let me get this right, stolen her grandson away from her," He chuckled, making me giggle at him softly as I shook my head.

"Will she murder me for it?" I continued, making him hesitate.

"Perhaps, but I imagine she'd do it quickly, almost painlessly," He teased, making me slap his arm playfully, laughing at him.

"You evoke so much confidence in me, it honestly blows my mind," I teased back, earning a low rumble of laughter and a kiss on my head.

"I believe my grandmother will adore you," He muttered into my ear.

"And why is that?" I pushed quietly.

"Because I adore you," He continued, making a smile form on my mouth.
"And she likes British accents," He added, making me giggle, bushing a kiss to his mouth.

"How comforting," I joked, making him grin widely at me.
"I must get your grandmother a greeting gift," I hummed, taking another sip of wine as I thought about what I could possibly get her.