Chapter 58.

Isabelle's pov:

It had been a week or so since Joseph and I had our fight, meaning it has also been a week or so since Evan let me stay with him. Every day I'd visited Benjy at my mom's house, and I plan on moving back in there, but Evan insisted I stay with him until he leaves for school and give Joseph more time to cool off. He even offered that I could stay at his with Benjy while he was gone, but I refused.
He said he'd leave me the keys.

I knew he was worried, worried about when he went back to school and he wouldn't be around. 

It was sweet knowing he cared.

I was sitting on the couch, the only light in the darkroom was from the Tv which silently played Game Of Thrones. I couldn't even watch it, not while Evan hadn't come back yet.

Evan and Kasper went out on a job, he didn't give details, only that he'd be back late and to not wait up. Maybe he wasn't even with  Kasper, maybe he was meeting with some girl. 

I've noticed while I've been staying at his, he hasn't actually brought anyone back with him. I know how Evan is, always having some girl following him around, sitting on his lap, and kissing his neck. I didn't even realize that I'd been stopping him from..pleasing himself.

I know from experience how hard it can be with someone else in the house. 

Despite him giving me my own space, he always happens to interrupt me when I'm doing some..self-care. It doesn't help that when I do it, I'm imagining it's him who's touching me. So when he makes a large bang in the kitchen, or knocks on my door, or does literally anything, I'm always a mess. 

Despite my sex life not being very good, I've never had any problem with pleasing myself. 
Until now apparently.

Making me jump from the sofa with a gasp was the sound of the door closing fairly loudly. 

My head snapped to the doorway when a tall, dark figure appeared in it. 
Oh my Jesus, was it Joseph? 
Due to the lights being off, I couldn't really make out any features, I couldn't even tell if the figure was facing in my direction.

Figuring it wasn't, I called out to announce my presence. 

"Evan?" I muttered softly, making him jump, head snapping around until his eyes landed on me in the dark.

"Holy fuck, Isabelle!" He breathed, pushing his blonde curls from his eyes. 

"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you," I laughed softly, making him scoff.

"I'm used to living alone quite clearly," He answered, and even though I couldn't see it, I knew he was smiling. 

We paused for a moment or two.

"Why are you still up? It's like, 3 in the morning," He questioned quietly, I could sense his confusion.

"I...I was worried, I know you said to not wait up.. but I just couldn't sleep," I muttered, feeling pretty stupid about it when saying it out loud.

He didn't reply.
He just nodded once.

"I should..uh, clean myself up," He cleared his throat, making me furrow m eyebrows, even though he couldn't see it.

"What? Why would you-" I gasped.

As I flicked on the lights, I jumped back a few steps, my eyes trapped on the dried, crimson blood covering Evan. 

My eyes were wide with pure shock, the sight something out of a horror film.

"That's why," He smiled, however it looked more like a grimace. 

"I- Are you-" I couldn't form a sentence, my eyes raking over his bloodied state.