Chapter 57

-Caleb-

I felt like I was floating on air as we walked out of the doctors office, when we got to the truck I stopped Mallory in front of it. "I think we should get married" Mallory picked up her hand and showed me the ring 'that is the plan Mr. O'dell' I smiled and leaned down to kiss her lips "it is the plan but we could get married now and have a reception with our friends and family later" Mallory rolled her head back and forth thinking 'okay let's do it' I grinned at her and took her hand opening her truck door for her.

I climbed into the drivers seat and drove towards the courthouse. We walked inside hand in hand to the front desk. "Hi, we need to apply for a marriage license" the older lady looked up to see us and smile 'oh of course dears, let me just grab those forms for you' she retrieved the papers and returned them to us Mallory took a seat and started filling out the paperwork, occasionally asking me questions as she went. My phone rang, dishing it out of my pocket I saw it was Ty. I nudged Mallory and she nodded waving me off as she wrote.

C: Hello
Ty: hey man how's it going?
C: it's good, just filling out some paperwork.
Ty: paperwork?
C: uhm yes, applying for a marriage license
Ty: really?! They are going to kill you guys
C: yeah well don't tell them.
Ty: seriously though congratulations and we will see you guys this weekend right?
C: yes we will be there on Saturday, Mallory wanted to watch the show jumping
Ty: perfect. Could you bring us a few things?
C:yeah just send me a text with what and where things are and I'll bring them to you.
Ty: okay thanks.. get back to that paperwork
C: see ya

-Mallory-

Just as I finished up the paperwork Caleb came back inside and I handed him the forms for him to sign. We walked back up to the counter and handed them in. The nice older lady smiled and took the paperwork. "Thank you dears, the paperwork will be looked over and approved and you should have your license in 48hours"

'Perfect, thank you so much' we smiled and headed out the doors.

Back at heartland we quickly got the chores done and walked up to the house and I kisses Caleb's cheek "I'm gonna go shower" he nodded and smacked my butt on the way by.

-Caleb-

I shook my head walking over to the fire place and started building a fire thinking to myself. Almost seven months is all I've been with Mallory and I'm already getting a marriage license. I smiled to myself thinking about all the years Mallory was just around and then suddenly she became something I can't live without. I shook my head remembering all the pranks, the dramatics and schemes grinning I finished building the fire and stood up just as Mallory was walking out of the hallway.
Mallory was wearing fuzzy pink polka dotted pajama pants and one of my long sleeve T-shirts. I stood up and met her in the middle of the living room wrapping her in a hug and kissing the top of her head. Mallory patted my back in confusion and I smiled. I pulled back and looked down at her "I'm just happy, I would have never dreamed I could be this happy. It's more that I could ever hope for and it's just so incredible to me that we are here together and it feels so right" Mallory smiled softly 'it is pretty amazing, but it all feels so right' I nodded in agreement and squeezed Mallory one more time before letting her go and walking down the hallway to her room to change clothes.
I changed into my pajamas and came back to the living room to find Mallory looking through the movies. I laid down on the couch watching her try to pick one, finally she stuck a dvd in the player and came over and laid down next to me. "You know in a few more months I'll be too big to lay like this" I chuckled lowly 'I'm looking forward to that because it means that much closer to meeting our kiddo' Mallory nodded scooting tighter against me as the movie started. Jurassic park started playing and I squeezed Mallory lightly pulling her as close as possible. My eyes got heavy from the events of the day I dozed off holding on to Mallory and watching the flames in the fireplace flicker.

🦎🦎🦎🦎🦎🦎🦎🦎🦎🦎🦎🦎🦎🦎

Hey guys! I am in fact still alive! Sorry for the short chapter and the delay. More will come along soon. I promise.