Chapter 58

-Caleb-

When I woke up the next morning Mallory was already up and In the kitchen, I stretched and walked into the kitchen finding her baking all sorts of delicious looking things. I looked at Mallory covered in flour and chuckled.
"Oh! Good morning, I woke up and I thought we could take all this stuff to Jack and Lisa and Ty and Amy and we could have some left over" I shook my head smiling. 'Sounds incredible, I'm going to get dressed, go check Tim's cattle and then start gathering up the stuff we have to take Ty and Amy' Mallory nodded. I walked over and kissed her cheek "I'll be back by lunch". I threw on some clothes and headed out the door. I drove to Tim's and smiled when I saw the concrete pad for our house. I waved at the workers and continued out to check on the cattle. On my way out I stopped by to talk to the foreman and he assured me that everything was on schedule and the house should be done in six weeks. We chose a modular home so that it would be done in a mannerly time. I bid them goodbye and headed back to the barn collecting all of the things Ty and Amy asked for. I smiled walking into the now empty barn, the weather has been so nice I turned all of the horses out with full hay mangers the night before. I dug around and loaded all of the things they asked for in the trailer, deciding it would be easier to haul everything there like that.  I walked to the house to find Mallory bagging up all the goodies she had been making. I walked up behind her hugging her "it smells very good in here" 'Thanks! I just woke up in a good mood' "I think your always in a good mood." Mallory smiled and I shifted the chain on her neck so that the connector was in the back and the cross lay flat against her chest. 'So, do you want to get married tomorrow?' My hands stilled on Mallory and I turned her to face me. 'They called, our paperwork is cleared so as of 3:17pm tomorrow afternoon it will have been 48 hours and we can get married' I grinned looking down at her nodding my head and leaning down to kiss her. "Will you wear the dress that my mother bought you?" Mallory nodded and stood on her toes to kiss me once again.

-Mallory-

I sent Caleb to do some laundry and I finished bagging up my treats and checked on the baked spaghetti in the oven. I cleaned my dishes and grabbed a basket to put the treats for for the others in and smiled catching my ring out of the corner of my eye. Everything in my life was turning out far better than I ever could have imagined. There was a knock at the back door and I opened it without even thinking, when the door swung there stood Jake. I took a step back. Jake sighed and pulled his hat off gripping it hard in his hands "Just please, I promise I won't touch you. I just want to talk and apologize. You can even have Caleb come in here" I nodded and walked to the kitchen doorway. 'Caleb, can you come in here please' a few seconds later Caleb walked into the kitchen and he froze when he noticed Jake standing in the back door. "I just want to formally apologize, to both of you. Especially to Mallory, I was awful to her at the end of our relationship and I did many, many things that I am sorry for. I also should have never picked a fight with you in the bar, touched Mallory violently and a whole spectrum of other things I shouldn't have done. I've been going to meetings for help with the alcohol" Caleb simply nodded. I stepped up next to Caleb and wrapped my arm around him. 'I can forgive you, I can't trust you and I don't want to be around you very much until I can be certain you are different. But I forgive you.' Caleb squeezed my side. "If Mallory can forgive you, I can too. I ask that you don't be around Mallory alone. The rest is up to her" Jake nodded and thanked us and excused himself. We walked out on the porch and watched Jake drive out of the driveway. "You are so much more forgiving than I am." I leaned into Caleb's side 'grudges take away my peace, not theirs' Caleb sighed and pulled me closer into him. "You are amazing" Caleb kissed the side of my head and we headed back inside to eat lunch.

🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖

Hello lovely people! Back to working on this story little by little.