Chapter 5

-Mallory-

After Caleb pulled away he looked at me for the longest time before just hugging me. Caleb Kissed me, he kissed me and he meant it. I wrapped my arms around him and sighed.

"Something wrong shorty?"

No, just content. Caleb chuckled

"I'm glad, I was a little worried you would reject me"

I propped my chin on his chest and looked up at him. What do you mean?

"Well I mean I'm not Ty"

he said with a cheeky grin and I just rolled my eyes

" but seriously, I just thought you might be weirded out by this is all"

'I'm definitely not weirded out'

I said as I stood on my tip toes and pecked his lips. I felt him grin against my mouth and put his hand on the back of my neck to pull me back in and deepened the kiss. I had just wrapped my arms around Caleb's neck when there was a knock at the door, groaning I pulled away from Caleb and stomped to the door. I swung the door open and found Scott

"hey Mallory, how is it going?"

'Uh good, how about you?'

"Good, I was just going to grab some stuff to take up to Ty and Amy, they needed some vet supplies and asked if I would bring them some other stuff since their staying longer than they planned."

'Sure, come on in. I'll go pack some stuff up from the kitchen.'

-Caleb-

I closed the door behind Scott and blew out a deep breath of air and walked over to the fireplace where Scott was standing and put some wood in the fireplace.
Scott grinned at me

"you uh you might want to wipe your mouth"

I quickly wiped my mouth on my shirt and looked and had Mallorys lipgloss all over my sleeve. I sheepishly smiled at Scott.

"So, you And Mallory"

'uh yeah haha I guess you could say that'.

Scott Grinned and nudged my shoulder,

"she's good for you."

I smiled and nodded my head,

'I'm just glad she likes me back. I know she's younger, but she has lived a lot.'

"So have you Caleb and you deserve to be happy. You and Ashley were never completely right"

I nodded my head and looked at Scott.

' I know, I really know'

Scott nodded and was about to say something else when Mallory walked back into the room with a packed bag. Scott took the bag and headed for the door,

"thanks Mallory."

"Oh and you two"

he said pointing a finger between us.

"Behave"

with a cheeky grin he turned and left.
Mallory spun around to me and poked me in the chest.

"You told him?"

She tried to look angry but I could see the smile right under the mask.

"Well"

I started as I wrapped my arms back around her

"if someone wouldn't put so much lipgloss on"

I said pecking her lips.

"He might not have discovered it"

Mallory turned a cute shade of red and looked at the top button of my shirt.

"Besides it's not like it will stay a secret forever, and I don't want it to. "

After just standing there in front of the fire holding on to Mallory for a while she stares up at me like she was looking for something.

"What is it Mallory?"

"I was just wondering, did you have all this planned or did it just happen? I mean if you have changed your mind or something we can just forget about it all and go back to just friends. Sure it will be awkward for a bit but then we will mo..."

I interrupted Mallory and her run away thoughts my pressing my lips to hers.

"I did not plan this, I don't really know when I started liking you or what changed.
I absolutely do not regret a thing and I certainly don't want to forget about it. I really and honestly like you Mallory. "

Mallory  blew out a breath of air I'm not really sure she knew she was holding and reached up to kiss me on the cheek.