Chapter 65

-Caleb-

I walked into the kitchen to find Mallory scrolling through her phone and I walked over to kiss the side of her head. "How's it coming?" 'It's good, waiting on the pizza and Soraya' I nodded and looked at instagram with her. Soraya knocked on the door and and Mallory went to open it while I pulled the pizza out of the oven and cut it up. I could hear Mallory and Soraya talking to Badger and I smiled to myself. I couldn't believe I had made it this far. We had made it this far.
Soraya walked into the kitchen a little bit later to help me with the pizza. "Do you need a hand?"  I nodded and asked her to grab the plates. "I have never seen Mallory so happy." I smiled and looked up at Soraya 'it's pretty incredible to see her light up isn't it?' Soraya cocked her head and looked at me. 'That right there is how I know that you guys are great' my eyebrows pulled together "what do you mean?" 'You see her, when it's just the two of you, when it's a crowded room, you see her regardless.' I smiled and nodded my head "I can't miss her, I always see her, I always find her" Soraya just smiled and nodded and carried the pizza to the living room.

Mallory was putting a DVD in the player, Badger was throwing blankets on the couches and chairs and Soraya and I sat the pizzas and plates down on the coffee table. Badger sat in the single recliner, Soraya took the love seat and Mallory and I took the couch. The menu screen for National Treasure came up and I pressed play. We ate our pizza and watched the Movie. Half way through the movie Badger was snoring lightly and Soraya was curled into a ball on the small couch "our friends are weaklings" Mallory laughed and snuggled closer. I kissed the top of her head and laid us down. I dozed off and when I woke up the DVD menu was playing, Soraya was still sound asleep on the small couch, Badger was now on the floor in front of the fire and Mallory was on top of me. I wrapped my arms back around Mallory and I dozed back off.

-Mallory-

I felt Caleb moving around but I never fully woke up. A while later I woke up feeling nauseous, I quickly got up, almost tripping on Badger and made my way to the bathroom. I was hoping the nausea would pass but it in fact did not. I was sitting on the floor trying to catch my breath when Caleb appeared with a cup and some 7-UP. He handed me a cup of water to rinse my mouth out and and then a toothbrush. After scrubbing my mouth and washing my face Caleb handed me the small bottle of 7-UP. I smiled at Caleb and took a small sip of it. "Want some crackers?" I nodded and we walked towards the kitchen. 'I'm sorry that I woke you up.' Caleb shook his head and pulled me to a stop "don't be silly, I'm sorry you don't feel well" I ate a few crackers and drank my soda. I was feeling much better once I finished my snack. "Thank you for being so good to me" Caleb stopped and looked at me. 'You don't have to thank me for basic care baby' Caleb walked over and cradled my face in his hands. 'I love you and I want to be here for you, you don't have to thank me' I nodded and wrapped my arms around Caleb. "It's only 4:30, do you want to go lay back down?" I nodded and we went back to the living room and I pressed play on the DVD and crawled back onto the couch with Caleb.

When I finally woke up again sun was shining through the widows, Badger was starting to move around but Soraya was still passed out on the couch. I grinned and looked back at Caleb shaking my head. I sat up slowly to make sure I wasn't going to get sick and sighed when I didn't feel the least but nauseous. "Are you feeling better?" Badger asked and I nodded. 'I'm sorry if I woke you up.' Badger shook his head "no, you didn't. Caleb did when he tripped on me" Badger snickered and Caleb rolled his eyes. 'I didn't expect him to be on the floor!' Caleb chucked the pillow at Badger and I was wheezing with laughter when the front door swung open and Georgie appeared followed closely by Katie. Lou was right behind them and she stopped when she was in the doorway. "I'm sorry, I guess we should have given you guys a heads up" I shook my head. 'Nonsense! It's your house. We just fell asleep watching a movie last night.' Lou looked out of sorts so I spoke up 'Badger why don't you and Georgie go start on barn chores, Caleb can you take Katie and check the cows hay?' Everyone nodded and was headed out of the door, I smiled watching Caleb and Katie play heading across the yard. "He's gonna be a good dad" Lou's said and I glanced over at her 'Amy told me, I hope it's okay.' I nodded and then we headed to the kitchen leaving Soraya passed out on the couch.

"So are you okay? You looked a little out of sorts" Lou sighed and started making a pot of Coffee. 'Peter is cheating on me again, Georgie found it this time and it's just been a rough few days.' I took a deep breath and walked around the counter to give Lou a hug "I'm so sorry Lou" she nodded and hugged me back. "Thank you for directing them and giving me a moment to breathe." I nodded. 'Lou, why don't you take the weekend for yourself, go stay in town, or even out in one of the guest cabins. Caleb and I would be happy to have Georgie and Katie here with us.' Lou looked over at me. "I can't, a moving truck is coming tomorrow and we have to get our stuff and get everyone sett.." I placed my hand on Lou's arm. 'Go, Caleb and I can help the girls set their rooms up and we can set your boxes in your room' Lou's shoulders dropped and tears creeped down her cheeks but she finally nodded. "Thank you Mallory. That would be amazing." I went to shower and get changed, I could smell Lou making breakfast and could hear the others coming back inside when I stepped out of the bathroom. We all went and sat at the table and started passing the food around. "So girls, I need you to get your things out of the car and sit them in the living room. I'm going to go spend a few days in Montréal. I have some things I need to do and I have that gift spa stay to use" I caught Georgie's eye and shook my head before she could protest. 'Caleb and I are going help get you guys settled into the house, move the rest of my stuff out and get your rooms all ready.' Katie giggled excitedly and Georgie gave a small smile and nodded.