Chapter 70

-Caleb-

Once I got out of the shower I quickly got dressed and made my way downstairs and started doing chores. I had just finished filling water buckets when Badger pulled in and started scooping up grain so I climbed into the loft and started throwing hay down. Mallory was coming down the loft stairs just as we finished up feeding. I took Mallory's hand and Badger walked beside us as we made our way up the house. When we stepped inside I could smell something delicious already cooking. Mallory gagged and quickly made her way back outside. I held her hair and rubbed her back while she tried to catch her breath after getting sick. Badger poked his head out of the door and handed me a sprite and some crackers. I nodded a thanks to him and turned to Mallory. "I'm sorry you feel so bad." Mallory shook her head and finished eating a cracker. 'It's okay, the getting sick doesn't bother me it's just the instant nausea' I kept rubbing her back. 'My mom always told me that she had terrible motion sickness with me so it must run in the family.' I kissed the side of her head and she took a deep breath. 'I think I can go inside now.' I nodded and pulled the door open for her. Mallory timidly stepped inside and when she didn't immediately feel sick she walked on in. Mallory walked to the kitchen where I heard Jade apologize almost immediately. 'Don't be silly! Thank you for cooking. Baby is just a little picky.' They kept talking and Mallory sounded okay so I took a seat on the couch with Josh. "I have to say Odell. You picked a pretty good one." I smiled and leaned back. 'I didn't have a choice. I was captivated.' Josh grinned at me and shook his head. 'I never thought I'd get married again, not everything with Ashley. I had planned to get as far away from Hudson as I could and live my own life. But now? I can't even imagine leaving here' Josh squeezed my shoulder. "As it should be."

-Mallory-

I sat at the bar watching Jade and Georgie cook and sipping on my sprite. I could see Caleb and Josh talking and watching TV in the living room. Katie and Badger were sitting at the table looking at magazines and I smiled to myself. I suddenly sat up straight and the color drained from my face. "Caleb! I yelled and jumped off of the stool rushing into the living room." 'What, what is it?' He stood up straight. "We forgot something very, very important." Caleb looked at me worried. "We didn't tell my parents we got married, or that I'm pregnant." Caleb's face went blank and then he face palmed his forehead. 'We need to step outside' Josh nodded his head rapidly.
We walked out onto the porch and I fished my phone out of my pocket and clicked on my moms FaceTime. One ring and my mom picked up. "Hey Kids! How's it going?" I bit my lip and looked at Caleb and then back at the phone. 'We uh, we have some news.' I panned the phone to Caleb. "We got married" Caleb held his hand up and showed them the ring on his hand. There were squeals and congratulations heard through the phone and I grinned. 'There's also one other thing' I panned the phone back to me and fished the sonogram pictures out of my pocket. I held the photos up and moved the phone where they could see. "I-is that?" I nodded and grinned. "Is it a boy or a girl? Do you know? When are you due?" I took a breath and told them all of the information I had and promised to call my mom after the appointment on Monday. "Love you" I told them and hung up the phone. I breathed out a sigh of relief. 'I can't believe we forgot to tell my parents' I rested my head against Caleb's chest. "Well, it's all good now" Caleb ran his fingers through my hair. I nodded and leaned my head back looking up at him. Caleb leaned down and kissed me, then guided us both back into the house. When we stepped through the door everyone was looking at us and I gave them a thumbs up. The talking and laughing continued as we all filled our plates and picked our spots in the living room. Katie picked out the movie and we all settled into our comfy spots for the evening.