Chapter 49

-Mallory-

We walked up the front steps of the big house to the front door and Caleb opened the door for me to walk through. I stepped inside and looked around and let out a breath of air I had been holding. It was a nice house but it was lived in and felt homey, it was nothing like I expected it to be from its outer appearance. The walls were a light sage and the hardwood floors were light but you could tell they had been played on. I smiled and Caleb draped his arm around me leading me into the house just as Mrs O'dell came around the corner and saw us. "Kids! You actually came!" She fussed rushing over to us and hugging us. I pulled back and looked at her 'of course we did, we thought we could stay the weekend?' Mrs O'dells eyes filled with tears and she nodded pulling me back in for another hug. 'We know the party is not until tomorrow night but we thought we could maybe help you guys get ready tomorrow and then hang out Sunday and Monday?' Caleb spoke up smiling as his mom finally released me from her grasp. "Caleb, this is your home. Of course you can stay here with us." I smiled and she started ushering is towards the living room. I could hear several voices but didn't think much of it until we rounded the corner and a tall, beautiful girl with red hair jumped up out of her seat and flung herself into Caleb's arms "Caleb!! Oh my god I haven't seen you in years! Your mom didn't tell me that you were coming!" Caleb hugged her back and chuckled. 'She didn't know Sarah, we snuck in to surprise them' Caleb stepped back and put his arm around me once again 'Sarah, this is my..' Caleb stopped in his tracks and looked around the room there was another couple about Mr. and Mrs. O'dells age, two guys that were a little older than me and then Caleb's parents. Caleb grinned down at me and cleared his throat. "Everyone, this is Mallory. My Fiancé" Mrs O'dell was out of her seat and snatching us into a hug before I knew what was happening and Mr. O'dell was clapping Caleb on the shoulder and grinning from ear to ear. Sarah hugged Caleb again and then turned to me giving me a hug and I smiled and wrapped my arms loosely around her in return. Once everyone sat back down and settled down Caleb turned to me. 'Mallory, obviously you know my mom and dad.' I nodded and then he continued around the room 'this is Mr. and Mrs. Hughes, their son Marcus, their daughter Sarah and her fiancé Jackson' I nodded and smiled at everyone saying hello. Caleb pulled me over to sit in the over stuffed chair and he sat on the arm of the chair laughing and talking to everyone. When everyone started talking amongst themselves, Caleb leaned down and whispered in my ear "Sarah was my sisters best friend, we've known each other forever" I patted his leg 'I wasn't worried babe' Caleb smiled and and straightened up. "Soo let's see the ring!" Sarah said excitedly. I flushed and held my hand up for everyone to see. Mrs O'dell gasped and grabbed my hand looking at it and Sarah admired it in Mrs O'dells hand. "Where did you get it Caleb it's gorgeous!" Sarah gushed. 'Josh's sister Jade made it, she's a silversmith' "we might need to get with her for our wedding rings." Sarah said glancing over at Jackson. I smiled and looked at my ring yet again, it really was gorgeous.
After a while everyone started to get quiet and Mr. Hughes stood up and thanked Mr. and Mrs. O'dell and ushered the rest of his family to get up and follow him out. "You guys aren't staying here?" Caleb asked in an unbelieving tone. Mrs. Hughes chuckled. 'The pool house dear' Caleb chuckled and nodded "I didn't realize that it was livable again" Caleb said with a sly look. Caleb's mother swatted him and he laughed grinning at her and looking over at me. 'Mom had an incident with the lawn tractor a few years ago and drove through the side of the pool house. It was just tarped up for a long time' I grinned at Caleb's joy and Mr. Hughes headed out the back door ushering his family with him. "The bed in your room should be all set dear, your father and I are going to head to bed soon, do you need help with your bags?" Caleb stood up and hugged his mom. 'No ma'am we only have a couple we can grab them' Mr. O'dell walked over to me and surprised me by giving me a hug and whispering in my ear "congratulations Mallory, I knew the first time I met you that you were special, I'm so glad Caleb found you, welcome to the family" he squeezed me gently before letting me go. I had tears threatening to spill as Mrs. O'dell squeezed my arm and kissed my cheek "he already thinks of you as one of our own, he has since the moment he met you" that did it and the tears started leaking as soon as she turned to follow her husband out.
I turned to Caleb and he already had his arms open for me to bury my face in his chest. "We all love you Mal." I nodded and pulled away sniffing. 'I know, it's just so nice to hear it from so many people' Caleb gave me a smile and wrapped his arm around me leading me out to the truck to get our bags.
When we walked through the door to his room I wasn't sure what I was expecting but it was nice. A big oak bed sat in the middle of the room with hunter green bedding, the floors were soft grey carpet and the walls were a light green there was a giant closet on the left side of the room and a door leading to a bathroom on the right side. Shelves lined the back wall with trophies and buckles that Caleb had won and there were a few pictures hanging around of Caleb high school rodeoing. I smiled and dropped my bags and the end of the bed and I hung my dress in the closet. I grabbed my bathroom bag and went to brush my teeth leaving the door open. Caleb walked in a few minutes later already in his pajama pants but shirtless and wrapped his arms around me from behind looking at me in the mirror as I rinsed my mouth out. Caleb spun me around and lifted me up sitting me on the bathroom counter and grabbed one of my makeup remover wipes off of the counter and began to wipe my face clean. Once he was satisfied that he had all of my makeup removed he tossed it in the trash and looked at me. 'You are absolutely beautiful Ms. Wells' I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck "why thank you Mr. O'dell" Caleb smiled widely and stepped closer between my legs. 'Oh the things I could do to you if my parents weren't downstairs' I blushed and hid my face in the crook of his neck as he chuckled. Caleb pulled me off the counter and headed back towards our room but I stayed in the bathroom and pulled my clothes off, hanging them on the hooks on the back of the other door. I heard Caleb rummaging around and then he appeared in the doorway handing me one of his shirts. "I heard your belt. I knew you were getting undressed." I smiled great fully and pulled the shirt on. 'Where does that door go?' I asked motioning to the door I hung my clothes on. Caleb swallowed hard. "That was my sisters room" I instantly felt guilty and my face dropped "don't be sad. It's good to remember her. We'll go in there before we leave but not tonight." I squeezed Caleb's hand and nodded leading him back to his room and crawling into bed ahead of him, fully aware that he was looking at my ass only covered by some rather small panties. Caleb groaned and I smiled sliding under the covers, Caleb slid into bed pulling me right against him. "Love you Mal" 'love you too cowboy' Caleb chuckles in my ear and pulled me close as I started to drift off.