Chapter 9

-Caleb-

The next few days flew by as Mallory and I stayed warm and cuddled together in the house. I stayed in the barn last night as we were expecting Ty and Amy to be back today, I didn't want to keep Mallory and I a secret but I didn't want to start anything at seven in the morning either. I was hoping nobody would make any big deal about it but I wasn't sure we could get away with that. I opened the loft window and looked across the yard to see Mallory beginning to trudge across the yard through what was left of the snow, I looked down the driveway to see Amy and Ty driving in. I sighed finishing off my cup of Tea and closed the windows and headed down stairs. By the time I arrived downstairs Amy and Ty we're talking to Mallory in the entrance to the barn.

'Hey guys, how was the fish camp?'

" it was good, I feel much better about them being up there in this snow"

Amy said, I made my way over to the little group and stood beside Mallory and smiled at her. I could feel Ty and Amy looking between Mallory and I but I chose to ignore it.

"Well I want a hot shower what else do we need to do out here?"

'We haven't even started yet but you guys go get warm showers'

"alright well why don't we have a movie day?"

'Okay, you guys get showers and such and we will do the chores'

Amy and Ty headed out of the barn towards the house and Mallory and I walked around the corner to the grain bins and I pulled Mallory into my arms giving her a quick kiss.

'Good morning pretty girl'

Mallory turned red and looked at me with a strange expression.

'What's wrong babe?'

"N-nothing, I just thought that once they were back you, you would change your mind or just act like nothing happened"

I lifted one of my hands to hold the side of her face.

'I told you I wanted this, I wanted us baby'
I know, I just got panicky"

I leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead.

'Let's finish up and we can go watch movies'

Mallory nodded and grabbed a bucket. We finished everything outside and headed in to find a fire roaring, and the Delicious smell of Pizza. We quickly shucked out outer clothes off and headed to the kitchen. I noticed Mallory had my hoodie on and I couldn't help but smile. We leaned up on the bar in the kitchen, our sides touching.

'Mallory I thought we could eat in the living room, help me put this stuff in there?'

"Sure, back less than an hour and already bossing people around"

Ty and I chucked and Amy rolled her eyes. Mallory winked at me on her way out.

-Mallory-

'Soooooo'

Amy said as soon as we were well away from the boys.

"Sooooo what Amy"

"anything good happen while we were gone?'

I sat the napkins and sodas down on the coffee table.

"Uhh we might have had a moment..."

Amy laughed and looked at me,

'I thought Ty was Nuts.'

"Why did you think that?"

'He said he thought there was something going on before we left.'

"Oh, well no. It all happened fresh and new while you guys were gone."

'So are you dating? Or don't know?'

"Dating, I think anyway. He says we are and that he doesn't want it to be a secret."

Amy smiled at me and nudged my shoulder.

'Calebs a good guy, if that's what he said, that's what he means.'

Amy finished digging in her purse.

"What are you after?"

' $10 for Ty '

"really?! You guys made a bet!"

'Well yeah, I was sure I would win.'

Amy laughed, I laughed and it was all good.
We made out way back into the Kitchen as Ty was cutting up the pizza and I walked up next to Caleb and hooked my arm through his. I watched Amy stick the folded up $10 in Ty's pocket and smiled at the confused look on Caleb's face and the laughed at the smug look Ty gave Amy.

'Time to eat people'

Ty announced as we filled our plates. I put two pieces of pizza and a Brownie on my plate, I looked over to get an approving Nod from Caleb and followed him into the living room. Caleb sat in the over stuffed arm chair so I headed for the other one but he grabbed me and pulled me back into his lap. I scooted to the side of his lap so he could balance his plate on one knee and eat with his free hand his other hand sitting on my thigh.
Ty and Amy both smiled at us but pretended like this was totally normal

'I'm gla...'

Ty was interrupted by the doorbell ringing.

"That damn door has been knocked on more times in the last three days than ever before."

Caleb grumbled and I chuckled, he was right but it was funny to see him so worked up over something so silly.
Ty walked back into the living room with Scott and his new girlfriend Jenny.

"Hey Scott and Jenny"

Caleb chirped and Scott just smiled looking at us.

'Pizza and brownies in the kitchen, soda on the table and other stuff in the fridge. Help yourselves!'

Amy invited, as Scott and Jenny headed to the kitchen Ty looked at us and quirked his eyebrow.

'They didn't act surprised to see you two like that...'

I laughed and looked over at Caleb,

"Scott may have uh, Caught us in the middle of our moment when he picked up those extra supplies for you guys."

Ty nodded and chuckled as Scott and Jenny made their way into the living room and Amy clicked on a movie and we all got comfortable and settled in to watch it.