108. House-building Plan (2)

“Sorry to trouble you then.”

Ling Jingxuan was not a pedantic man. Although this Chu Ci seemed a bit too young, since he could even win a juren, he would definitely to enlighten his two little buns. Besides, a person holding ill intentions wouldn’t be so cold and low-key, plus with Shopkeeper Zhang’s recommendation, Ling Jingxuan nearly made up his decision to let him be the little bun’s tutor instantly.

“No problem. When you have time, you can bring the kids to find me in the restaurant then.”

Shopkeeper Zhang was also a straightforward person. He understood it while patting his chest. Ling Jingxuan nodded with a smile, “One more thing. I heard there’s a guarantor surnamed Liu in the town. I don’t know if you know him.”

“There is such a man. Why do you ask? To buy land?”

Farmers, when they made money, of course the first choice was buy land.

“Haha, something like that. The kids are going to study in town, so I am thinking of buying them a carriage, and a dairy cow by the way. And, as you can see, with a little strong wind, my house would collapse at any minute. So I am thinking if I could buy that tens of mu of homestead around and plan to build a big and bright brick tile-roofed house.

Before, he didn’t have much silver at hands, so he dare not plan too much. But now, he made such a big fortune. Since he wanted to build a house, he’d have it done once for all. He said a big brick tile-roofed house, but actually he planned to build a big manor, with three yards and side rooms on each side, and also a fishpond and an orchard. Of course, in the early period, they needed to solve the living problem, so he’d build the main house first. As for other facilities, he’d take it slow. First, he would buy the land, and buy bricks to build the walls.

“Hmm, that’s good. The homestead is not expensive. And Liu has a good reputation, and reliable. When you purchase the land, I’ll introduce you some construction teams who specially build houses for those big families in the town. They are good and the price is also reasonable.”

Shopkeeper Zhang nodded. Indeed, their house really should be changed.

“Haha…Can’t be better. I’m worried that I can’t find anyone to build the house. I’m not afraid of you making fun of me. Actually in Ling village, even if I’d like to pay, no one would work for me.”

As speaking, Ling Jingxuan could not help but ridicule himself. How could he really not be able to find workers? He just didn’t want to hire anyone from Ling village. He didn’t want to spend money to hire people gossip behind his back. Wasn’t he asking trouble for himself?

“Hum, just ignore those people, in the future they’ll regret it. Brother Ling, it’s not early, I should go. When you decide to build the house, come to me.”

Shopkeeper Zhang gave a cold snort. Seeing that those workers were already waiting in the yard, he stood up and said so. Later, his restaurant would start to be busy, so as the boss, he had to go back.

“Ok, I will go to town later. About the kids’ thing, I’ll count on you.”

Ling Jingxuan said so as he also stood up, while Ling Jinghan and Ling Jingpeng were also following behind, smiling, and the two little buns were leaning by Ling Chenglong’s side. At this moment, outside was already crowded with those onlooking villagers. When they saw that the three brothers walked out surrounding Shopkeeper Zhang, they all wide opened the eyes, jaws dropped. Even though during the past half month, gossip about Ling Jingxuan came one wave after another, a lot of people still wouldn’t believe it. That silly man who they got used to bullying had completely changed to another person!

“Poverty and backwardness are not terrible, ignorance kills people. Brother Ling. Those people are snobs. When you become successful in the future, you wouldn’t know how they’d flatter you.”

Before getting on the carriage, Shopkeeper Zhang couldn’t help throwing him some comforting words. Recently, he had also heard a lot of about Ling Jingxuan, and felt sorry for him. In history, there were men giving birth. In his eyes, that was not strange at all, but thought it was kind of blessing. Otherwise, why couldn’t others make it?

“Haha… Thank you, I have been used to it all these years.”

Ling Jingxuan only felt it funny. Does he seem like that kind of person who cares about those rumors?

“Hmm, I’m going then.”

“See you!”

After seeing them off, the three brothers looked at each other with a smile. Without looking at the villagers around them, they turned around and went into the courtyard. Why would they care about what those people said? As long as they didn’t come make trouble.

This thing still reached into the ears of the old Ling family, some felt disdainful, some sighed, while some were still calculating them. But whatever their reaction was, none of it would come true. If they thought Ling Chenglong and his family were still that easy to push over, they’d be greatly wrong.

“Daddy, are you and uncle going to town?”

Having been busy the whole morning, they just had time to eat food. The little bun looked up at him with that pair of craving eyes, like they were saying ‘I want to go, I want to go’…

“Hmm, Dad’s going to buy a carriage and a cow and bring someone back to measure the land. We’re going to build a house. Today, you stay home. After everything is arranged, I’ll take you tow town. As you heard, uncle Zhang will introduce you a very good tutor.”

Receiving the bowl of porridge Yan Shengrui handed to him, Ling Jingxuan said so, while rubbing little head dotingly.

“Oh!”

Knowing that he could not follow his daddy today, the little bun poked the porridge in the bowl moodily with his chopsticks, Ling Wen raised his head and said, “Daddy, shall we build a big tile-roofed house with blue bricks?”

“Well, houses are meant to last a lifetime. Of course we’ll have to build a better one.”

With a twinkle in his eyes, Ling Jingxuan said as gently as he could, fearing that his stingy son would object, but he seemed to look down on him, because his little son nodded approvingly, “Well, build one if you want, daddy. But save money when it’s necessary. It’s not easy for us to earn money. It’d be good if we could save more.”

Perhaps because today they earned more than two thousand taels of silver, Ling Wen did not object, but only added a but.

“Hehe, of course, I need to save more money so that I can find you two wives in the future.”

Feeling overjoyed, Ling Jingxuen made a joke.

“Daddy…”

The two little buns immediately blushed. No wonder kids in ancient times were premature. Such little kids would blush on hearing find them a wife.

“Later, I’ll go with you.”

Looking at his sons indulgingly, Yan Shengrui then turned to Ling Jingxuan. The wound on his head was almost scabbed, he should not work too hard. But going to town wouldn’t be a problem.

“Hmm, all right, Jinghan, what books would you want? Tell Jinghan the names. Later we’ll buy them for you.”

Ling Jingxuan thought a bit and agreed, then turned to Ling Jinghan and said so.

“Hmm. You guys also be careful. With me and dad at home, you can rest assured.”

Those words sounded common, but they contained a few different meanings. Of course Ling Jingxuan understood, then nodded at him with a smile at the corner of his eyes. The whole family decided the next plan by the table. After breakfast, Ling Jingxuan, Yan Shengrui and Ling Jingpeng went out. Today, they got a lot of things to do.