159. Operation Succeeded; 'Naïve' Tiewa (1)

When the sharp scalpel cut opened the abdominal skin of Zhao Shulan, Yan Shengrui even dare not blink his eyes, only fixing his eyes at Ling Jingxuan, while Ling Jingxuan quickly took up the haemostatic forceps to ligature the blood vessels for her expertly. After finishing that, he took up the scalpel again and precisely cut open her uterus and took out the baby together with the placenta and handed it to Yan Shengrui.

“Turn the baby upside down and pat him on the bottom. Make him spit out the dirty blood from his mouth. I’ll do the ligation and sew her up.”

Without looking up, Ling Jingxuan pressed the wound with sterilized cotton cloth to stop the bleeding, while looking for the fallopian tube to cut it, while Yan Shengrui awkwardly grabbed a leg of the baby and gently tried to pat on his little butt.

“Neh…”

Loud cries instantly rang into his ears, which scared Yan Shengrui and he nearly dropped the baby. But the next second, he held the baby who hadn’t gotten its umbilical cord cut off in his arms awkwardly. Ling Jingxuan who was stitching the uterus for Zhao Shulan made a second’s time to throw him a look, and showed a smile. Meanwhile, as Laowang and others who were waiting outside heard the baby cry, he nearly cried. Finally…Heaven bless! His wife finally did it…

Suturing the wound wasn’t simply stitching two pieces of flesh. Each blood vessel needed to correctly connected, otherwise the wound would slowly turn back and get rotten. So this job nearly cost Ling Jingxuan a whole hour’s time. After making sure the styptic cotton and all tools were there, Ling Jingxuan then carefully checked the newly stitched wound. After making sure there was no problem, he pulled the thin quilt in the inner side of the bed and covered it on her gently.

But his work wasn’t done. The woman was done, and there was the baby.

“Give it to me.”

Yan Shengrui who was carrying the baby was stiff all over. Ling Jingxuan shook his head helplessly. After taking over the baby, he lay him flat on the bed, and then neatly cut off the umbilical cord. After processing the placenta, he walked out carrying the baby.

“Congratulations, brother Wang, it’s a son, quite heavy, give him a bath and put on some clean clothes.”

“Really?! Is Shulan… all right?”

Seeing him come out, Laowang and others instantly crowded around. But their attention was not on the baby, but all peeped inside the room, only afraid that something would happen to Zhao Shulan.

“Hehe…Yeah, she is fine. Aunt Zhao, please take a bath for the baby. I got something to talk to brother Wang.”

Stuffing the baby into Aunt Zhao’s arms, Ling Jingxuan gave Laowang an eye, signaling him to go inside with him. After knowing his wife and son were both safe, Laowang just followed him in reflectively wearing that silly smile, while those kids went away with Aunt Zhao to bathe their younger brother and wear clothes for him.

Inside, Ling Jingxuan did not open his mouth to explain to him, but took him to the bedside, lifted the thin quilt that covered on Zhao Shulan and let him see it himself.

“This is…”

The smile froze on his face in an instant. Laowang stared in disbelief. Seeing this, even an idiot knew what was going on. Ling Jingxuan nodded as he put away those tools, “I’m sorry, I didn’t tell you this beforehand, but you can rest assured. She will be all right. She would wake up soon. The wound on her stomach will heal in five or six days at most. But there are some matters needing attention. Brother Wang?”

Seeing that he was still frozen there after he said so much, Ling Jingxuan couldn’t help raising his voice. Laowang suddenly made a shiver and came back to his sense. He kept repeating his words in his head like he was trying to print them in his head. As the efficacy of the anesthetic faded, Zhao Shulan made a groan and slowly opened her eyes. Laowang instantly rushed over and grabbed her hand, “Shulan, how you feeling? Any uncomfortable place?”

Don’t say it’s him, even Yan Shengrui can’t believe what he sees, Ling Jingxuan is really successful.

“No…I’m fine. Laowang, don’t blame Childe Ling. He told me everything in advance, and I agreed. How is the baby?”

Shaking her head weakly, Zhao Shulan said so gently. The effect of the anesthesia had not completely worn off, she did not feel too intense pain at present, but she knew that she had survived.

“I know, we got another big fat boy, but first, close your eyes and have a rest, I’ll ask the biggest son to get you a bowl of chicken soup. Mom has already stewed it well. It’s just the right time to eat some.”

Speaking of which, Laowang stood up and was about to run out. Ling Jingxuan made a big stride and blocked his way, helplessly saying, “Brother Wang, she can’t eat anything now. Can you hear me out first?”

Come on! Didn’t he just say he got some matters needing attention?

“Ah?”

Laowang froze there, and then turned to give his wife a pitiful look. Still can’t eat anything?

“Abdominal delivery is different from normal delivery. You need to let her defecate some gas, I mean, fart, then she can start to eat food. Besides, her wound couldn’t touch any water, and you can’t cover it. Now the anesthetic has been worn off. So in the evening, I guess she’ll start to feel the pains. But don’t worry. That’s normal. From tomorrow afternoon, however painful she feels, you have to support her to walk around in the room. After four or five days, her wound will heal. And then I will come check on her again. If she feels hot, find a piece of clean cloth, wet it, then wring it out and then wipe her body for her, as long as you don’t touch her wound. As for other things, just do according to the way a normal lying-in woman does.”

In this weather, as long as there was no festering infection, the wound would heal quickly. When the catgut was completely absorbed by the body and the wound was healed, there would be no more danger to her life.

“Oh, I’ve got it. Should Shulan take any more medicine?”

That was a big cut in his wife’s belly. He already felt painful even by thinking of it.

“Yeah, I will prescribe a prescription for nourishing blood and replenishing qi for her, and you can decoct it and let her drink according to the prescription.”

Things almost settled, Ling Jingxuan said so as he walked out of the room. The little daughter carried a basin of warm water before him. Ling Jingxuan took it wearing a smile, and only wrote the prescription after washing his hands. Before leaving, Ling Jingxuan still couldn’t hold it and asked, “Brother Wang, recently, I need a large amount of small jars. Can’t you let the workers rush them out for me?”

“No problem. The 500 pieces you ordered last time have been made, and I asked the workers to make some extra ones. Because Shulan was giving birth, and I thought you are not in a hurry, so I didn’t deliver them. Later I’ll ask them to send them over for you. How many do you need this time?”

The little jars were easy to make. Hundreds of them could be made every day, and the apprentices can make them, too, so he didn’t need to do it in person.

“Five thousand, but later, I’ll also need some big ones, so make it three hundred first. And the tiles, I guess in a few days someone will come purchase in great amount. If you have time, you’d better fire some in advance.”

Last time when he built the house, he basically emptied his kiln factory, and kept them busy for half a month, this time bricks and tiles Han Fei needed wouldn’t be less than his.

“Huh? OK, I’ll hire some more people to do it. Brother Ling, thank you again for my wife’s thing. I will go to your place in person to express my gratitude some other day.”

Tears welled up in the eyes of a stout man in his thirties. If it hadn’t been him, he would have already lost his unborn child today.