142. Got Sick; Master Liu (1)

The next day, Ling Jingxuan still woke up early. Now his home got much bigger, and he could no longer run around the house, otherwise he’d tire himself out if he ran a whole circle. So the whole family only made a circle around the pond. Under Ling Jingxuan, the two little bun and two wolflings’ lead, Ling Chenglong and others also joined their team. They had worked in the field all the year round, so they got good physical constitution, so they had no idea what running could bring them. But Ling Jinghan was different. All year round sick in bed, even if not he had been recovered, he was still weak. At first, he even couldn’t run one circle, usually he could only walk back under Song Shuisheng’s support at the end. Nearly about half a month, he could finally finish one circle by himself. Although always nearly out of breath, be it he himself or others, they all noticed that he looked more and more vigorous. For this, the whole family all persisted. Every morning, the first thing after washing the face was running.

“Daddy, why isn’t father up yet? Aren’t you coming to town with us?”

After the running, the two little buns were practicing martial arts as usual. When they sat by the table for breakfast, it was almost the time. And at this time everyone found that this morning they did not see Yan Shengrui, who used to get up the earliest and practice with kids and teach them martial arts. Today was really abnormal.

“Maybe he went to bed too late last night. You eat first. I’m gonna check on him.”

Ling Jingxuan also felt confused. After stretching out a hand to rub the two kids’ head, he walked out. He, Yan Shengrui and the two kids lived in the house on the right, besides, the two buns were little, so they shared one room, one room was left for Tiewa who would stay over sometimes, he and Yan Shengrui had their own room, so they had their own privacy. The one innermost was temporarily empty. As for Ling Chenglong and his wife, and Ling Jinghan and Jingpeng lived in the house on the left rise. The couple shared one room, while the two brothers had their own rooms. So the innermost room was also empty. And Song Gengniu and others lived in the house for servants and maids. Although it was the servants’ place, the living conditions were no worse than any other village families.

Knock knock~

“Shengrui? Shengrui? Are you up?”

Standing at the door of the third room on the right hand side, Ling Jingxuan lifted his hand and knocked on the door, but there was no response inside. Just as Ling Jingxuan was thinking about whether to take out a dagger and pry open the latch, the closed wooden door was suddenly pulled open from inside, and Yan Shengrui’s reddened face appeared before his eyes.

“Hmm… Jingxuan, I seem to be ill…”

Collapsing onto his body, Yan Shengrui said so, the burning hot breaths exhaled on his shoulder.

“Go inside first.”

Ling Jingxuan raised a hand to feel his forehead, and then supported him into the room, and headed to the bedroom, only after putting him on bed did he sat aside and felt his pulse, “You caught a cold, having a fever. We got star herbs at home. Later I’ll ask Lady Song to decoct it for you.”

Last night they all drank a little wine and played in the pool for a long time. It was not surprising that the caught a cold as the wind blew at night.

“Jingxuan, I feel awful…”

Grabbing his hand that he tried to withdraw and placing it over his chest, Yan Shengrui whose face got totally reddened due to the fever gave him a pitiful look, like a child that needed comforting. Ling Jingxuan rolled his eyes, “Stop playing pitiful! Later I’m gonna take the kids to town. You take some sleep after taking the medicine. You’d get better by noon.”

Having been used to him playing rascal every now and then, Ling Jingxuan pulled his hand back. It was not that he did not care about him, he just can’t. Giving his villainous personality, if he really showed his concerns, he’d definitely badger with him all day.

“I am so seriously ill, can’t you stay to look after me? Jingxuan, stay home today with me, OK?”

Lying in bed sideways, Yan Shengrui looked at him while saying so with a begging tone. As expected, he played the highest state of being a rascal. Ling Jingxuan sighed deeply, then got up and left a light kiss over his forehead, saying with a nearly kid-coaxing tone, “Stop it! You need rest. I’ll be back when you wake up.”

“Really take me like a child…”

Face sunk, Yan Shengrui lay on back. If he kept playing a rascal, even he himself would feel embarrassed. His Jingxuan really had no compassion, not so cute as before…

Well, our Prince Sheng became angry. Ling Jingxuan couldn’t help laughing. He poked his shoulder and said, “Why do you look like a child?”

“I wish I could be your child. Look how good you are to Xiaowen and other kids. And look how you treat me! Why is there such a huge gap???”

Sitting up and holding his waist, Yan Shengrui buried his head in his chest and complained. Dignity? Already digested!

“I wouldn’t dare to have a kid your age.”

“You…”

The words blurted out instantly ignited his dissatisfaction. Ling Jingxuan bent down and pecked on his lips, then said with his forehead holding against his, “If you become my son, what should I do? Have a good rest, be good, and I’ll come stay with you right after I come back.”

“That’s more like it.”

At last, Yan Shengrui lay contentedly back. Ling Jingxuan leaned to pull the thin quilt to cover him, and then left after leaving another kiss on his face.

Later, when he asked Lady Song to decoct the herbs, the little buns all heard it. They hurriedly put down their bowls and ran to check on him. Ling Chenglong and others also showed their concerns. After making sure he was fine, the whole family felt much relieved. After Han Fei sent Tiewa over, Ling Jingxuan left with them after fetching two jars of wine from the basement.

“Just go. I’ll come to see you after I talk about some business with Shopkeeper Zhang.”