139. Manor; Wine (2)

“You can do it anytime. It’s getting dark now. Dad, make it tomorrow.”

“Hmm, OK, coming!”

“Ignore him, he is a toiling life. Wow! Jingxuan, what wine is it? Why is it red?”

Lady Wang, who had been fully recovered, threw a stare at her man busy in the yard, couldn’t help exclaiming as he saw some blood-red liquid in the cups. She picked one and observed curiously. Ling Jinghan and others who were sitting around the table were no better. Except Yan Shengrui, all looked curious more or less.

“Mom, have a taste.”

Without answering her question, Ling Jingxuan smiled and threw her a encourage look, Lady Wang whole held the glass took a smell of it tentatively, and then sent it before her lips. Now everyone’s eyes fell on her at the same time. Then she stuck out her tongue to have a lick, like she tasted something, then raised her head to drink if all.

“Ah! Delicious, different from other wines, it wouldn’t burn your throat, and also has a faint fruity smell. Jingxuan, can I have another one?”

Licking her own lips, Lady Wang now nailed her eyes on that wine jar in his hand. This was the first time she drank such good wine, even tastier than the sugar water they made from the ham.

“Haha…Mom, it’s still wine. You may get drunk. But you can have some every time before going to sleep, which will help with your sleep, maintain your beauty and keep you young. But, don’t drink too much a time.”

It was not that he was stingy or what. His mom didn’t drink at ordinary times. That cup was at least three liang (one liang equals 50 grams). If she kept drinking, as the wind blew, later she’d practice drunken fist then.

“Dad, is this your wine made from wild grapes? Can I have a taste?”

Anything related to food and drinks, the little small bun would never be absent. Ling Wu, who just came back from his boxing practicing, smelled it from far away. Leaving his elder brother Ling Wen behind without hesitation, he already climbed onto Yan Shengrui’s thigh, with that pair of longan-shape eyes staring at the cups before them, drooling.

“You want to drink wine? Boy, ten years later.”

Seeing his little nephew’s lovely appearance, Ling Jingpeng sitting on the opposite side could not help teasing him. Every time this kiddo saw food, he’d act like changing into another person. Using his big brother’s words, he is a standard foodie!

“Ah? I can’t drink it…”

After this period of careful care, his plump little face collapsed in despair and looked like he might cry at any moment. Ling Jingxuan and others all could not help laughing. However, Yan Shengrui who spoiled the kids lifted a cup and sent it directly to his lips, saying, “You can only drink a little.”

He couldn’t help it. He just couldn’t let his baby son down.

“Ah!”

That small face instantly had coruscating luster, then the small bun held it and took a big mouthful…

“Ahem… Tastes so awful… Water…water…”

“Haha…”

Anyhow, it was wine. The small bun even stuck out his tongue. In a blink of eye, tears nearly popped out of his eyes. This time, even Yan Shengrui could no longer hold it and laughed out loud. As Ling Wen, who followed behind to come in, saw his little brother’s embarrassed appearance, he hurriedly handed him a cup of water, while not forgetting to throw his two dads who were laughing exaggeratingly his dagger eyes. How could they play such a trick on their own son?

“Oh… Finally feeling comfortable, daddy, why this wine tastes so bad?”

After taking several cups, he only felt a bit comfortable. While speaking, Ling Wu still didn’t forget to push that wine cup aside with disgust. Hum! It smells so good, but tastes like pepper water! Tastes so awful!

“You little fool, wine needs to taste slowly. Who drinks like a fish like you? This grape wine already has the lowest degree among all alcohols. You are still young. Don’t spoil my good wine.”

Bending a finger to tap his forehead, Ling Jingxuan took a sip from his cup. The wine made from wild grapes was really different. It was fruity, with a little astringent taste and a small amount of alcohol concentration. Although it couldn’t compare with the top quality wine he had taken in his previous life, it was at least above-average.

Seeing that, others all learned from him and took a sip. The dense fruity taste instantly suffused the whole mouth. It was the first time for them to drink such a special wine, just like Lady Wang, they all raised their head and swigged.

“I think I’ve tried it before, but it didn’t taste as good as this.”

Putting the cup down, frowning, Yan Shengrui said so. After the last incident, he had secretly inquired things about Prince Sheng and the frontline. But his reaction was no longer that strong. So he could only give it up. Today was the first time he had such familiar feelings again of this month.

Of course you have. As the noblest prince in the imperial family, is there anything good you haven’t tasted?

Ling Jingxuan rolled his eyes at him, and even didn’t want to talk to him. Except the original twenty jars of wine he had brewed, later, he brewed another five hundred jars. Judging from the present situation, it should be successful. Some other day, he’ll take some to town to let Shopkeeper Zhang take a look. Maybe he could earn his second bucket of gold through this!

Thinking that he might have the money to buy land in the future, his thin and long phoenix eyes nearly narrowed into a line. And Yan Shengrui who always settled his eyes on him showed faint affection under his eyes. Not knowing why, as long as it was Ling Jingxuan, whatever expression he was wearing, he only felt he was so pretty.

“Daddy, didn’t you say it is for sale?”

No matter how beautiful the atmosphere was, a penny slave had the ability to spoil it. Those people who were still drowned in the aftertaste of the wine all got dragged back to reality. They only wished to find a needle and some thread to stitch his mouth on! Can’t he let them enjoy it for a bit longer? Anyhow, he now already goes to school, why does he still stink with money?

“Well, yes. Tomorrow we are going to town for Shopkeeper Zhang. We’ll ask the price first. If it’s too cheap, we’ll keep it to ourselves.”

Putting him on his leg, Ling Jingxuan tipped his nose. Anyhow, they didn’t invest much on it. Wine was something good. If he couldn’t sell it at a good price, he’d rather keep it for himself to drink.

“There’s so much. How can we drink it all? Daddy, it’s not that I am nagging you. I told you not to brew so much, but you didn’t listen to me, and even went to book a lot of jars with Uncle Peng without letting me know. Now, we got a whole cellar of wine. When can we drink it all ourselves? No, you should go ask Uncle Zhang tomorrow. If the price is reasonable, sell them all. At least we can’t earn some…”

The long-lost Ling Wen-style nagging rang up again. Looking at his constantly squirming mouth, Ling Jingxuan only had a twitch of his mouth, feeling uncomfortable all over. When did he say his wine wouldn’t sell? He only said if…IF…OK?

“Haha…”

Seeing the son scolding his dad, others nearly laughed out their tears. Ling Wen might be the ‘hoodoo’ of his daddy for the rest of his life.