161. Yuehua Manor (1)

Laowang was really an honest person. As long as he promised, he’d do it. While Ling Jingxuan and his family were having dinner, a few ox carts came sending over seven hundred clay jars. Now his house was big enough, so the ox carts directly drove into the big factory in the backmost on the left. After the workers unloaded them all with sweat all over, Ling Jingxuan asked Shuisheng to stuff string of copper coins in each other their hand, saying that buying them some drinks. So the workers all left gladly with the money.

“Isn’t seven hundred too little? Given our present speed, they will be used up in about a day, and the new ones will be delivered in at least two or three days, which may be a little too late.”

After dinner, since having nothing to do, Yan Shengrui and Ling Jingxuan played chess in the yard. Ling Jinghan and others watched aside, while the kids were chasing each other in the yard.”

“It’s OK, don’t we still have a lot of big jars left? If the small jars can’t be delivered in time, put it in the big jars first. Anyhow, it’s for sale. No big deal.”

Moving his xiang (In Chinese chess, a xiang can move along the diagonal of a square which composed by 4 grids.) to capture one of Yan Shengrui’s piece, Ling Jingxuan said with ease. Their shipment was too large, it was only normal Laowang couldn’t make them in time. Next year, if Laowang still couldn’t expand his factory, he had to more cooperative partners, since next year his quatity demanded would be over a hundred times more than now, or even more.

“Hmm, you can’t get fat on one mouthful. So don’t give yourself too much pressure. If we can’t make it this year, we can make it next year, right?”

Raising his eyes to give an eye at Ling Jingpeng aside, Yan Shengrui tried to echo with him. Not knowing why, every time Ling Jingxuan made a lot of money, the whole family was very excited, especially the two little buns. But only him, however much he earned, he wouldn’t have any mood swing, like in his subconsciousness, he had seen much more money than this.

“You are right. Now we’ve got nearly all the wild fruit on the outskirts of the mountains. I’m afraid we’ll have to venture deeper into the mountains. Even if there’s still wild fruit in there, we can’t make more jam.”

No matter how important money is, it’s not as important as your life. Ling Jingpeng’s eyes were not without regrets. It was obvious that he had tasted the sweetness from jam. Ling Jingxuan shook his head while casting a glance at him, “Even if we can’t make jam, we can make other things, Anyway, you wouldn’t have free time.”

There were many ways of making money if one would only use his head, and he had never intended to make a fortune by making jam.

“Hehe, so you mean you already had a plan?”

Ling Jinghan, who was sitting on a chair, picked his eyebrows while looking at him with expectations. Although his job at home was reading, no other stuff, as long as it was concerned about the whole family’s bread-and-butter issue, he still should show some concern, right? The most important thing is, his big brother’s place could always surprise all of them. Be it doing business or life principles, he always had his own unique thoughts, which would also be helpful to his essay writing. So he was really anticipating it.

After what he said, others’ eyes all fell on him, even Yan Shengrui who was playing chess with him couldn’t help throwing him a peep, with only affections in those peach blossom eyes.

“Sort of, but it’s also a seasonal thing, it’s only suitable for cold weather before the snow. Can’t be before or after that. Stop wondering it now. Whether it’s workable or not, I am still in the process of experiment. Now we only need to concentrate on the jam making.”

Throwing him a sweep lightly, Ling Jingxuan shook his head helplessly. Why do those people look like hungry wolves every time they heard there’s money to earn?

“Is it possible you are talking about the locked room when the factory was newly built?”

Ling Jinghan was so shrew. With a rolling of his eyes, he instantly remembered that weird thing. About twenty days ago after the factory was built, the first thing Ling Jingxuan did was locking the first time. And then after delivering the jam and having nothing to do, he’d take dad, Jingpeng, Gengniu and others to Dagong Mountain to collect rotten leaves. For the saw powder those carpenters left after work, he’d also collect it all and locked in it in that room. No one knew what he was doing. But they did knew he should be doing something new to them.

“Hehe…instead of learning stuff from the books, why are you always thinking what I am doing?”

Ling Jingxuan did not deny it, just looking at him amusingly, originally he thought he was the most unconcerned about this family, never expected that he had already taken everyone’s doing under his eyes and his heart.

“So it seems I was right.”

Grinning, Ling Jinghan had his eyes rendering undisguised self-confidence, in the face of his family members with such distinctive personalities, Ling Jingxuan could only helplessly shake his head, then suddenly saying, “On right, since everyone is here, how about we think of a nice name for our home? Then I’ll ask them to make a plaque and hang it outside.”

The sky gradually darkened down, Ling Jingxuan simply dropped the chess, and leaned sideways on the chair, as leisurely as you could imagine. A big yard was really good. While leaning in the chair to enjoy the cool in the yard, one could still look at the sky with the sky studded with stars.

“Just call it Ling Mansion. Before when your dad and I passed Landlord Wang’s house on the way to the market, I saw they hung a plaque with Wang Mansion.”

Ling Wang said while stitching the shoe soles. After moving out to live with her son, they no longer let her do some physical work, or only letting her wash the wild fruit when they running up the jam. So she would stitch the shoe soles with Lady Yang and her daughter often.

“Your mom said right. Ling Mansion is good. Easy to remember, and not so swanking.”

The honest Ling Chenglong hurriedly echoed his wife. Ling Jingpeng teased him, “Dad, I guess you’d also say it’s good even if mom said we don’t need a name, right?”

“Haha…”

People there all laughed. And the old couple instantly blushed, only throwing their naughty little son a hard stare, of course there was not a bit of anger in it. This kind of life is life, isn’t it?

“Daddy, what are you laughing at?”