168. Send Them to Yamen

“You even have the face to say? Who would make a scene and even get physical when visiting his relatives? However wrong she is, that is your second elder brother’s wife! And it’s an unquestioned fact that you hurt her feelings. So it’s only normal she didn’t let you in. Can’t you wait till Chenglong is back quietly there?”

On the surface, there was no problem about Ling Qicai’s reprimand, but he totally ignored the fact that Ling Chenglong had already divided up the family with them and lived alone now, and even tried to draw close their connections in and out of his words. Ling Jingxuan and Ling Jinghan were not fools, so in an instant they understood their intentions. If they approved of it silently, endless troubles would come finding them. As they were about to stand out to deny it, someone was even faster than them.

“Uncle Chenghu, Uncle Chenglong has already divided up the family that very day. And my grandpa even wrote the statement saying that they already have no relationship with us any more. Even we are family by blood, the fact is we are not anymore. Allow me to say some disrespectful words. Let alone you, even if some day my grandpa or grandma passes away, they don’t have to wear mourning clothes. Today you are here making such a scene, they can directly hand you over to the yamen.”

Ling Jinghong carried a hand behind the back while looked at his third uncle and aunt-in-law using a nearly indifferent eye. Those words were quite reasonable, not partial to any side, but Ling Qicai and Ling Chenghu cursed him in their hearts for being long-tongued. But the two brothers Ling Jingxuan and Ling Jinghan picked their eyebrows. Everyone in the old xiucai’s family was so unbelievable, and their big uncle’s whole family was even heartless and shameless, how could such a good bamboo shoot grow among those bad bamboo shoots?

“Jingxuan, Jinghan, sorry for the trouble. Grandpa told me to bring them back. He’ll punish tjem. Please raise your hand high in mercy and give them a chance.”

Ignoring the reaction of others, Ling Jinghong turned back to the brothers and bowed, still using that kind of neither humble nor partial attitude, and on that face, or you could say, there was only some indifference, like nothing had to do with him.

Ling Jingxuan’s long and narrow phoenix eyes quickly flashed a touch of interest, is he really a good bamboo shoot or a fake good man? With his extraordinary experience, plus the memory of the original owner, he could be basically sure he belonged to the former, but it wasn’t all correct to say it that way. How to explain? Maybe he is even more cold-blooded than them? In that home, the only one he cared about should be that old man. So once the old man was gone, would still help them clean the mess like now?

The answer was no without any doubt, perhaps, Ling Jinghong would be more ruthless than them, and it wasn’t impossible he’d directly take his wife and kids to move out of Ling village.

“Why should I spare them? As I said last time, if anyone comes to my house to make a scene again, I won’t show mercy.”

No matter how much he was thinking in the head, making the decision was a moment’s thing. Ling Jingxuan showed a sneer, turning his eyes coldly toward Ling Chenghu and his wife, “Gengniu, tie them up and send them to the yamen! I’d like to see how many balls they have!”

“Yes, master!”

Song Gengniu who already couldn’t wait took a rope from the carriage and moved toward them. When sending the kids to school in town, Master Xuan told him to buy two old hens and some meat and send them to Laowang. On the way back, since it’d be faster to go through the village, he didn’t take the road they built themselves, and then happened to meet Shuiling. After hearing her say what had happened, he immediately turned around and took his daughter to the village head’s place.