147. Sky-high Priced Wine; Set up Zeng Shaoqing (1)

Zeng Shaoqing’s ‘frankness’ undoubtedly let one have the spur to kick his ass. Judging from that evil smile on his face, even thinking with the butt, one would know he was scheming something. Ling Jingxuan looked at him with that pair of pure and proud eyes at him faintly. Seeing that he kept sneering there, Ling Jingxuan also rolled his eyes higher and higher. Could this guy show a little bit respect to others?

“If Lord Liu asks me here for such boring things, excuse me, I got a lot of things to do.”

“Hehe… aren’t you going to tell me the truth?”

Raising his eyes to look at Ling Jingxuan who was about to stand, Zeng Shaoqing turned sideways , put a hand on the table and crossed his legs, totally revealing his ruffian-like style. Apparently that made one feel disgusted, but it was so reasonable when he did it, like he was born to be a dope.

Ling Jingxuan sat back on hearing that, calmly adjusted his sleeves, holding that imposing manner no inferior to him, “I don’t understand what you mean, Lord Liu, about our cooperation, if you want, we can continue, if you don’t, I have no loss. Food is the paramount necessity of the people. Even if you no longer want my jam and fish, I can sell it to someone else. Only marketing thing. As for myself, it makes no difference. But you should be clear that how much profit my jam would bring you. Without my supply, you’d only suffer more than me. Let alone today I even brought something good you even don’t have somewhere to buy.”

No one wanted his buried secret revealed before the public, including Ling Jingxuan. Business is business. Seen from now, whether Xinyuan or Zeng Shaoqing, they were the best cooperative partners. But if he kept on like this, he could only give up.

“Oh? Is something good you mention that?”

It was the first time someone dared to talk to him in this way. Zeng Shaoqing raised his eyebrows and swept his eyes over the large jar he put on the table. At first glance, it looked a little like a vase. But given a careful look, there was a wooden wedge on the top. Apparently inside there was something special. After hearing his words, Zeng Shaoqing got his curiosity triggered.

“Hmm. Lord Liu, would you like to have a taste?”

Nodding slightly, Ling Jingxuan looked at him blandly. As far as he knew, this super spoiled childe wouldn’t eat food outside, besides, just now he had just showed his poison-using ability, under normal condition, he wouldn’t eat anything from him.

“Why not?”

But he obviously looked down upon Zeng Shaoqing. He was born into a noble family, but he also came from a family of a military general. He had been spoiled since he was a child. In recent years as he grew older, he kind of restrained himself. What situation hadn’t he experienced? If he was really afraid that Ling Jingxuan may poison him, he would be sitting here now.

“Excuse me, please fetch a few cups for us. Brother Zhang, you can also have a taste.”

As if not surprised that he would nod to agree, Ling Jingxuan asked that woman in green to get them the cups while standing up to feel out a special opener, which he asked Zhao Dalong to make, kind of like the wine opener in modern times, but a little simpler.

“Boh ~”

The moment the wedge was plugged out, a faint aroma of fruit filled the air, with a hint of wine mixed in it. Sitting on the opposite side, Zeng Shaoqing couldn’t help raising his eyebrows and looked more focused. The smell…is it wine?

Soon, the light red liquid Ling Jingxuan poured in the cup and pushed before him gave him the answer. Surprised, Zeng Shaoqing took it up and had a smell, then couldn’t help taking a sip, then showed an evil smile again. That was really the wine Dong Kingdom took as their national treasure. Even he had few chances for have a taste of it. Never expected that now he could taste it again in a village tour. Besides, it tasted even better, and the fruity smell was denser! Apparently it was top quality!

“Brother Zhang, have a try!”

Ignoring the subtle change of his expression, Ling Jingxuan handed Shopkeeper Zhang another cup. This batch of wine was all made using the crescent spring water, of course the taste was not any wine of this era could compare. If preserved in low temperature for a few years, maybe even the top wine in modern times wouldn’t be its match. So, he was completely not worried that Zeng Shaoqing wouldn’t fall for it.

“Good, good…”

Shopkeeper Zhang first looked at Zeng Shaoqing. Seeing that he had no reaction, he took the cup with a trembling hand. Looking at the reddish liquid inside, his facial muscles were even convulsed with excitement, never dreamed that he could drink the wine that only the rich and noble people could drink.

Ling Jingxuan poured himself a cup. First, he had tasted it last night, second, he was not a sot, he was not interested in drinking in broad daylight, third, he was still worried about the patient at home. So after finishing things here, he’d go back as soon as possible, otherwise someone would play a rascal before him again using the excuse that he was a patient.

“You made this wine yourself? Is there any stock at home?”

After quite a while, Zeng Shaoqing pacified himself in the heart. He raised his head to look at Ling Jingxuan. How many things did he not know about him? A farmer, who looked so elegant and graceful like a childe from a big family. A random cold dish from him had doubled the turnover of his restaurant. And the small-pot jam even became something those misses and madams of those big families were craving for. Besides, he could also raise freshwater fish in Cangzhou! And just now, he had shown his extraordinary poison abilities. And now, he even could brew the wine only Dong Kingdom’s could. If he didn’t see it with his own eyes, he would never believe there’d be such a ‘pervert’!