115. Such a Rascal!; An Old Friend? (1)

“Gengniu still needs to do something with me, you can go back with brother Zhao first.”

Knowing that they may not be able to adapt to his way of spending money in a short time, Ling Jingxuan also did not say much, turned to look over at Song Gengniu and his family, totally having no idea whether his little bun would jump on his feet due to great anger on seeing them.

“Yes, Master Xuan.”

After watching them leave, Ling Jingxuan and the other two climbed onto the carriage, Song Gengniu swung the whip in his hand, the carriage moved steadily.

“Well, it seems that the money spent is really worth it, the little buns wouldn’t have to suffer every day when they go to school in town.”

Inside the carriage was almost entirely wrapped in cotton padding and it was big enough. Ling Jingxuan nodded approvingly as Yan Shengrui grabbed his hand and played with it, “As long as you like it.”

“As if you bought it for me! Have some dignity, OK?”

In face of his shamelessness, Ling Jingxuan rolled his eyes to ridicule back, why this man…is more shameless than me?

“Oh come on! Does it matter that much? Dignity is to show to the outsiders. We don’t need that between us.”

If it hadn’t been some other man, one would have already gotten angry with his words. But Yan Shengrui only raised a hand to hold his neck and took the chance to lean on his shoulder, with a face written with total teasing and rascal feeling. He liked his straightforwardness.

Fine! Someone was born as masochism and asked to be abused!

“Poof…”

Before Ling Jingxuan had time to react, Ling Jingpeng who sat on the opposite side couldn’t hold it and laughed out, but on a second thought, he might disturb the two of them flirting, he hurriedly covered his mouth and shook his head hard, like he was saying ‘you guys go on. Just ignore me’…

“See? You made me a laughingstock.”

Throwing him his dagger eyes, Ling Jingxuan simply no longer talked to him. This bastard! Even a saint wouldn’t put up with him! Did he have a brain cramp to compete with him who was more shameless?

“Ahem…Jingpeng, your elder brother is shy. Why don’t you go out?”

Pretending to clear his throat, Yan Shengrui wore a serious face. Ling Jingpeng reflectively looked at his elder brother, but the next second…

“F**k you!”

With his patience having gone out, Ling Jingxuan threw him a kick. Grinning, Shengrui Yan seemed to have expected this from him, he grabbed his leg and put it on his own, “Come on, I was kidding. Jingxuan, you are employing so many people just to get the fish pond and the manor finished at a time?”

“Let go!”

Taking back his legs that were forced to open wide, Ling Jingxuan took a few deep breaths before slowly saying, “Yeah, as for the houses, we can build part of it. As for the manor and the fishpond, I can’t wait any longer. As for the specific plans, we’d talk about it when we see the construction team.”

Before, actually he had planned to do part of it, but now that he had bought more hands, his plans would also have to change. If he had enough of workers, he wanted to get them all done at once.

“By the way, big brother, who are they?”

Speaking, Ling Jingpeng pointed to Song Gengniu outside who was driving. He had only been away for an hour and a few more people joined them already?

“Some servants I bought, they…”

“What? You even bought people? Big brother, you are so dead. Xiaowen will nag you to death!”

Before he could finish his words, Ling Jingpeng already jumped up. Only heaven saw how awful Xiaowen look when he brought people to measure the land. It looked as if the pain in his heart was killing him. But now, his big brother even brought back a few servants. Even thinking with his ass, he’d imagine his stingy nephew’s reaction. They wouldn’t have a moment’s quietness by the ears recently.

“Er…would you mind not reminding me of that?”

Ling Jingxuan helplessly held his forehead. It took him so much effort to forget about it.

“Ge, I have to say something. We are farmers. What do you buy servants for? Are you asking to be nagged?”

When Ling Jingxuan paid, the only thing on Ling Jingpeng’s mind was how much it’d cost for the 230 mu of land. He didn’t even notice that his brother bought people. That was why he looked so shocked, and so heartbroken. It would be very expensive to buy people, wouldn’t it?

“I know, but I already bought them. Well, I won’t buy any in the future.”

Having had enough of his younger brother Xiaowen-style nagging, Ling Jingxuan mumbled. Yan Shengrui who found it so funny held his shoulder, “Buying people has its good place. You’ll know in the future. Jingpeng, we should see it from the long run, not only things before the eyes. Don’t worry about Xiaowen’s side. I’ll talk to him. I can assure you he’d listen to me.”

“Really?!”

Heaing him, Ling Jingxuan looked at him with great excitement. Heaven knows he was afraid of his son’s nagging most. Though it was he who earned the money and he could spend it as he wanted and ignored other’s feeling, the little bun was his son anyhow. And what he did was all for this family. So thinking of that little face who always pretended to look mature, he really didn’t want to go against him.

“Yes. Xiaowen is a good kid. As long as I explain to him about good place why we bought people, he will understand.”

“Shengrui, did I ever say that you are very handsome?”

As long as he could convince his son, he’d even say he loves him if he asked so, let alone saying he was handsome. As for its authenticity, it remained to be discussed.

“No, it’s not too late for you to say that now, but I’d rather have some substantial award, like…”

Ignoring that there was a super third wheel inside, Yan Shengrui whispered his demand by his ear. After that, he put out his tongue and licked his cochlear. Ling Jingxuan’s body sensitively shrunk and gave him a hard stare. Can’t you think of something else? Under such circumstances, even if he agreed, they could nothing, OK? Trying to turn him on on purpose?

“Masters, it’s Qingchen book shop here. See if you like it.”

With them teasing and laughing inside, the carriage suddenly stopped, and Song Gen’niu’s respectful voice clearly spread into their ears, the three of them restored their seriousness, brushed open the curtain to take a look, and then got off one by one.

Qingchen book shop was not large, nearly had no decorations, only with some common books on the shelves and all kinds of brushes, ink sticks, paper and inkstones. But the moment Ling Jingxuan came in, he knew he liked it. For some shops, decorations were unnecessary at all. Returning to its original simplicity would feature its intrinsic quality. Like this shop, as a customer came in, he’d see everything about books on the first sight, nothing else.