182. Buying People (2)-The Prince Is Getting Jealous (1)

Those people Ling Chenglong and others picked stood out in one line. Next it was Zhao&Han couple’s turn. They gave each other a look. Then Han Fei stood out to select people. Since he was choosing a footboy for their son, of course he would only choose one from those kids. But there were only four or five of them. Whichever Han Fei walked to, that kid would shrink behind the adult next to them. Obviously, they were their kids. If he only bought the kid, it was like separating a family.

“Jingxuan, I think I should buy a footboy for Tiewa later.”

After all, he was not a cruel person, and they also didn’t need to buy the child’s parents for the child. So Han Fei could only give up. The good thing is Tiewa was still young. Later he could tell Guarantor Liu that he’d buy one when the kid was alone.

“What’s wrong with you? You are already sold to me and still so shy? It’s your blessing that if he could pick you! Didn’t hear what Lord Ling said? Lord Han is picking a footboy for his son! Maybe you can even learn something! And if you serve his son well, it’s not impossible that you’d have your sl*ve registration removed! Don’t be so unappreciative!”

Before Ling Jingxuan could say something, Guarantor Liu already jumped out. Don’t blame him for being too harsh. In their industry, being too gentle would never do! Benevolence was the last thing they needed!

“Can you really remove the sl*ve registration?”

Ling Jingxuan, raising his eyebrows, whispered to Yan Shengrui aside. He thought once one was registered as a sl*ve, one would be a sla*ve forever.

“Hmm, but only under the condition the master agrees. One can’t remove it oneself, or those big families will have no servants to work for them. Some maids and servants from those big families are even favored than some disfavored masters, and easy to make money.”

Yan Shengrui nodded, and those words slipped out of his mouth so naturally. Before, he would be wondering how he knew it, now he no longer lingered on it since he couldn’t get any conclusion.

“Really?”

Lips curved, Ling Jingxuan cast a faint look at Song Gengniu and his family with a meaningful smile. As far as he knew, be it men or women, those who had registered as sla*ves were hard to get married. If they could stay unchanged, when Shuisheng and Shuiling reached the age, he’d consider removing their sl*very. But the premise was that they had to sign an employment contract with him, otherwise he’d foster them for nothing. He would never do a thankless job.

That camouflaged smile can fool all the people, but not Yan Shengrui. When he noticed the warmth under Ling Jingxuan’s eyes, his affection for him grew denser. Who said his Jingxuan is vicious? As long as you are good to him, he will certainly pay you back. Of course, on the contrary, you’d have to bear his counterattack a thousand times more.

“Come on, it’s our turn.”

After Guarantor Liu’s yelling at those kids, Han Fei the buyer felt embarrassed now. Helplessly nodding, Ling Jingxuan got up with Yan Shengrui. It looked as if he was passing by those people casually, actually that pair of radar-like eyes had already taken in all the emotions under their eyes. As he was about to finish the first row, Ling Jingxuan stopped before a skinny and sallow girl about twelve or thirteen years old.

“What’s your name?”

The girl was very shy and dared not look at them at all, replying like mosquito buzzing, head down, “Lord Ling, my name is Xiaosui, my surname is Liu.”

In general, the human traders would have a basic training of the new sl*ves. Though Liu Xiaosui was also shy and cringing, her reply was decent.

“A clever one, raise your head and let me see.”

She already called him Lord Ling, obviously she was an observant and alert kid. Ling Jingxuan couldn’t help throwing Yan Shengrui a smile, while the latter also responded with an affirmative eye. Being shy wouldn’t be a thing. The most important thing for a servant or maid was being loyal and observant. As for other things, time could solve them all.

“Yes…yes…”

Liu Xiaosui’s body fibrillated, so slightly that one could barely notice. She raised her head stiffly. That skinny little face looked so sallow that you couldn’t even tell how she looked, beautiful or ugly? The only good thing was that pair of round big eyes. Ling Jingxuan nodded with satisfaction, “How old are you? Have you ever served in other places?”

“My lord, I’m thirteen years old. Because my family is too poor, in order to raise my younger brothers and sisters, my parents could only sell me. I have never served in any other place.”

Head down again, Liu Xiaosui still answered very quietly, but those words were clear, 13 years old like Shuiling, but a size smaller than her. Lady Wang aside couldn’t help feeling pitiful for her. But Ling Jingxuan still performed untouched at all. He flattened his sleeves and asked casually, “Would you like to stay?”

With money, he was not afraid he couldn’t buy people. And he felt disdained to force others.

“Yes…I’d love to…”

Liu Xiaosui looked at them timidly and nodded with a blushed face. Compared with those old foxes who had ever served in the big families, she who was born in a poor family felt like she had come back home the moment their carriage went into the village. She had been carefully listening to their conversations, and subtly felt that they should be some good people easy to get along. So as long as she could work hard, the master’s family wouldn’t maltreat her.

“Hmm, go wait aside.”

Casually pouting his lips, Ling Jingxuan moved his steps again. The two of them paced slowly among those who were waiting for the right price to sell. That scene was unspeakable weird but strangely harmonious. There was a kid in the second row, about five or six years old. Ling Jingxuan’s steps stopped. But as he saw the adult’s wandering eyes, he gave up.