134. Building a Road; Ling Qicai

After leaving Qingchen bookshop, Ling Jingxuan went to Xinyuan restaurant to say hello to Shopkeeper Zhang, and bought some meat and vegetables by the way. The butcher sent him a few big bones for free as always. When they went back to the village, the few heads of the construction teams had arrived. Early in the morning, Guarantor Liu brought thirty workers and the quarantine ditches around the edge of his land. After the head responsible for building walls checked the site, he went back to find workers, and prosed to start working at noon the latest. And under Yan Shengrui’s leading, others also checked the part they were responsible for. Although the winding corridor could only be built after the fishpond was dug, they could lay the foundations and build the factory first. As for their thatched cottage they were living in now, since it lay with the back against Yuehua Mountains, in Ling Jingxuan’s preliminary planning, there would be built into a duck shed, so whatever those workers did in the front, it wouldn’t influence their life.

Such a big move, and it was about the most infamous Ling Jingxuan of the whole village. Those who owned no land and those who were temporarily done with the farm work all came to watch. Some even tried to pick up a talk with Ling Chenglong and his sons, wondering how Ling Jingxuan made such a huge fortune. Pity that Ling Chenglong only smiled there, and Ling Jinghan and Ling Jingpeng were smart enough, they wouldn’t get any word out of them, so they could only gossip aside with jealousy, watching this whole scene in full swing.

“Dad, how is it possible that son of a bitch bought land without your approval?”

Among the crowd, the village head and his son who also came to watch looked bad. Anything in the village, be it big or small, it all needed his approval. But this time Ling Jingxuan’s thing was both quick and big, but the village head even got to hear of it later than the villagers. Whatever he thought of it, in those outsiders’ eyes, that was absolute face slapping.

“Shut up! Stop calling him son of a bitch! He is not old him anymore. And our family…Aye…”

Giving his son a stare, and thinking of what had happened to his brother’s big son’s family, Ling Qiyun made a deep sigh. Although, strictly speaking, it had nothing to do with him, after all they were family, and Ling Chenghua and Ling Jingwei’s incest also brought shame to him. How could they have the face to say Ling Jingxuan is a son of a bitch?

“Dad, my big uncle…what should they do?”

Knowing what his father was saying, Ling Chengyu, Ling Qicai’s big son, also darkened his face. Now everybody knew about that. Early in the morning, the chief and the elders of the ancestral hall’s side already sent people to intervene. If they couldn’t give a solution as soon as possible, things would lose control. Incest between the aunt and the nephew, under the public! And they even harassed anyone they touched, which had a really bad influence. Only his father and big uncle were hard to press it down.

“Is there a second choice? Obey the family rules!”

Obey the rules? So Ling Chenghua and Ling Jingwei would be thrown out of the family? Will his big uncle agree? Ling Chengyu highly doubted of that. Forget about the old lady’s spoiling of her little daughter Chenghua, Ling Chengcai and his wife would grant whatever Jingwei requested. They are not Ling Chenglong and his wife. They would never allow that to happen.

“Village head, uncle Ling, you are also here. I was planning to go to visit you. Now it saves me it.”

Suddenly, Ling Jingxuan’s voice clearly came into their ears. He called them the village head and uncle Ling instantly distanced their relations, which made Ling Qicai and his son so embarrassed, but they couldn’t retort. They had been grandpa, uncle and nephew relations, but now…