135. Making Arrangements; Prince Sheng

Ling Chenghua and Ling Jingwei-the aunt and her nephew had intercourse in the wildness. After being separated, they even insulted a lot of men and women, which had a huge bad influence. The whole life’s fame the old xiucai had accumulated for his life had been ruined. On the side of the ancestral hall, on seeing that they still hadn’t come to admit their mistake and ask for punishment till noon, the old chief brought people to go to the xiucai’s place to catch them. Except Ling Jingxuan who was busying with building his house, all villagers dropped their work at hands and went to the xiucai’s place to watch.

When hearing it, Ling Jingxuan and Yan Shengrui smiled at each other, like it had nothing to do with them at all. Ling Jinghan and Ling Jingpeng both had similar reaction, one was reading a book casually sitting under the roof of the backyard, while the other kept burying his head working with those workers. Only Ling Chenglong had a mood swing. But thinking of his sons’ warning, he could only give a deep sigh and do nothing.

“Shuisheng, you don’t have to help your dad in the future, I heard that you also know a few words, when you have time, you can ask Jinghan to teach you, and you can be his attendant boy.”

Not long after sending the bone soup and meat stuffed buns to the workers, those for building the road and walls came. Ling Jingxuan and Yan Shengrui made arrangements for them separately. When they came back, he saw that Song Shuisheng was going to help his dad again, he stopped him.

On hearing he could be Master Jinghan’s attendant boy and learn some more words, after a moment’s blankness in the head, Song Shuisheng showed great excitement, so did his dad. Although they hadn’t been here for long, they also heard things about Ling Jinghan, and knew that he was endowed with extraordinary talents. If it hadn’t been his illness, maybe he would have already gotten a xiucai title or what. If Shuisheng could be his attendant boy, his future would very promising, at least it wouldn’t be so hard like now. That’s a huge good thing to their whole family!

“What are waiting for? Thank Master Xuan!”

Song Gengniu who came to his sense first pushed his son grumpily. Now his little son became the attendant boy of the two little masters and learned things from Mr. Chu, and now his big son would be Master Jinghan’s attendant! A bright future is waving hands at them!

“Yes, yes, thank you, Master Xuan.”

Finally coming to his sense, Song Shuisheng hurriedly kowtowed to Ling Jingxuan. Wherever it is, to those poor families, reading would be a whopping blessing.

“Jinghan, from now on he’s yours. You haven’t been fully recovered, so if there’s anything, you can let him do it for you. Rest when you need to. As the saying goes, it’s better to travel ten thousand li than to read ten thousand books. Only burying your head among books is no use. Don’t give yourself too much pressure. You are only 14 years old. It’s fine even you can’t pass the examination for a tongsheng title. You can try next year. Don’t tire yourself out.”

Raising a hand to signal him to stand up, Ling Jingxuan turned to say those words to Ling Jinghan who was going to the backyard with a book in his hand. He knew his younger brother learned very hard, and he felt gratified about that, but meanwhile, he also felt sorry for him. Is there anyone who could sit there reading books a whole day? If it went on like that, soon he’d have ischialgia or lumbar disc herniation.

“Hmm, ge, I’ll take care of myself. Shuisheng, go get a pot of tea in the kitchen for me.”

Ling Jinghan nodded, and then left asking giving Song Shuisheng the order. Now the whole family was busy with this and that. How could he really drop his book and rest? With such a weak body, he could no other abilities except reading.