185. Buying People (3)-Unsettled Ling Wen (2)

Sweeping over at those newly-bought servants maids, the smiling under the eyes all gone, Ling Jingxuan stood up and walked over before them slowly, then turned back and said, “We don’t have so many rules like those big families, but it doesn’t mean we have no rules. I don’t care where you come from, or what kind of noble families you have ever served before, since you came into my house today, I only have on demand for you—your loyalty. If I find that someone does something sneaky behind my back, it’s not so simple just selling you. So I hope you can consider it carefully before you decide to stay.”

His usual gentle-like-water attitude abruptly became sharp and terrible. Those people Ling Chenglong and others chose were all surprised in their heart, while others all lowered their head and said reverently, “Yes, master!”

“My father is the master. This is Song Gengniu and his wife. They will teach you rules. Long Dashan, you stay. Others can go to take some rest. I guess you should be tired. You got to start working tomorrow.”

Speaking of which, Ling Jingxuan nodded at Song Gengniu and his wife, while Song Gengniu took a step forward and made a ‘please’ gesture to them. Except Long Dashan, others all went into the central room with Song Gengniu.

“Brother Han, do you think this child should live with you or me?”

As Tiewa’s footboy, of course he should stay with Tiewa. But since Tiewa spent most of his time here. So it was the same wherever Long Dashan lived.

“Better in my place. Since the kid is for free, then I’ll pay for the money to buy his mom. I’ll take you the money tomorrow.”

After thinking about it, Han Fei took a look at Zhao Dalong, and finally decided to let Long Dashan to live in their place. No other thoughts, he merely felt it was more convenient to let him get familiar with Tiewa as soon as possible.

“Forget about the money. Tiewa has been calling me adoptive daddy for so long, I still have sent him any decent present. So, don’t pay me. Just take this as my present for him.”

“But…”

“No buts, it’s settled.”

No longer giving him the opportunity to refuse, Ling Jingxuan turned to Long Dashan, “You go to help your mother tidy up the room, and get familiar with the environment by the way. In the evening, when they go home, you can go with them.”

“Yes.”

After a bow, Long Dashan backed out with respect. Han Fei and Zhao Dalong more or less knew about Ling Jingxuan. Seeing that, they could only accept it. It was just they felt a bit sorry.

Then, no one took a snap, but directly went to be busy with their own things. Those little buns kicked up their heels as they knew they’d footboys after they came home after school. The only who wasn’t happy was little Huzi. He thought Master Xuan bought two more people because he failed to protect the little masters well yesterday. But the one who knows the son best is his mother. Noticing what was bothering his son, Lady Yang pulled Huzi aside and explained it to him, and finally the smile slowly crawled over his face.

“Daddy, how about I sleep with you tonight?”

At night before going to bed, Ling Wen suddenly hugged Ling Jingxuan’s thigh and asked. There were so many more people at home suddenly, he felt a little insecure, so he tried to find some warmth in his favorite dad.

“What? Because of the silver spent today?”

Sitting on the bed while holding him in his arms, Ling Jingxuan indulgently poked his head, saying with a teasing tone.

“I am lying to you if it’s completely not because of that. On thinking the money we spent today to buy land and people, it feels like my heart is broken. But I know you, grandpa, grandma, and others, should all be tired. So buying people is a must. And as a farm’s family, we should buy land. So I tried to tell myself I shouldn’t think too much. It’s just that suddenly over a dozen more people would live with us, I’m just not used to it. Just now, I saw someone when I went to check in wolf daddy, the way he looked at me is weird, which made me uncomfortable. Daddy, will those people be as good as uncle Song and his family?”

Holding his waist while lying in his arms, Ling Wen raised his head wearing a confused expression at last. He was still too little and couldn’t accurately tell good people from bad people, he only did things replying on his intuition, so he would feel a bit restless in the heart. Ling Jingxuan’s eyes turned deep, and he touched his face, “It’s OK. Tomorrow, I’ll let those misbehaved people behave! You only need to remember one thing. You are the master, they are the servants. Never show weakness before them. Wen, I know you feel a little unsettled, and couldn’t adapt such great changes of our home in such a short time. But you have to get used to it. Some things are hard to say. Some day you’ll know I did those all for your good.”

They were Yan Shengrui’s sons, the only two kids of Prince Sheng, especially, Ling Wen, who would inherit his title. If he couldn’t get used to such superior life, his days would be much harder after he went to the imperial capital. No one could choose his birth. The only thing they could do was to learn to adapt to the environment, change the environment and steer it at last.

“Hmm, I know. I am just feeling a bit unsettled, not that I can’t adapt myself to it. Daddy, don’t worry. I will never let you down.”

As smart as Ling Wen was, there were something that even Ling Jingxuan didn’t say, he was more or less clear in the heart. But his thoughts had never changed—to learn hard and earn a title for his daddy who worked so hard to earn money to support him!

“Ha ha… My little bun has never let me down, not now, not forever. All right, today daddy will sleep in your room. You still have to go to school tomorrow. Sleep early.”

“Hmm.”

The daddy and son put out the oil lamp and lay on the spacious bed together. Ling Wen nested in the arms of Ling Jingxuan. Yan Shengrui who had just coaxed Ling Wu to sleep came in on his tiptoes. Looking at the daddy and son’s handsome face under the moonlight, he unconsciously wore a smile on his face, this is the so-called happiness, right?