1

8 Years Later...

Onika

I'm driving down the highway with the radio on. I have a pink car with an open ceiling that I was able to buy myself after getting a steady income with my journaling job. I work for a big film and writing company that does documentaries and stories that end up on the newspapers and thick books.

I love it, sometimes I have to face certain things I'm uncomfortable with to get my stories, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have met so many people from many walks of life.

I'm taking a few months off since I've gotten a few stories and a big documentary done. I have my editior back in New York going through final drafts for me and I get to relax. It's better to have vacation around fall time as opposed to summer time. It's more chill and less chaos.

I start hearing a fire ass rap beat and bob my head a bit. It sounds like a Juvenile sample.

Then I hear Megan.

She starts with the adlibs and the rapping and I can't help but make a stank face because it's heat.

When I find myself enjoying it I lower the volume a bit. I don't know if it's in shame or because I realize I miss her.

We broke up like 6 years ago.

I'm glad her career is well now, but it was also the cause of our failed relationship. I do t even wanna think about it anymore nor hear her voice.

I love it but it takes me back. I change the station after my finger lingers on the button for a while. She sounds really good.

Ever since Megan and I split, I never moved on. It never felt right. I only got closer to my mama who has been my biggest support system.

I miss Megan like hell every day but sometimes I wonder if we're better apart than we ever were together.

I miss her smile, hee laugh, her voice, the way she held me and the way I held her, I miss the way she'd spoil me with food and snacks, the way she'd give me pep talks and the way I'd give her pep talks, the way she looked at me, the way she kissed me, the little facial expressions that she made that let me know what she was feeling or thinking.

I flip the station back to see she's talking in an interview about her writing process and newest album.

I miss her thick accent.

I cut the volume a bit lower and just absorb her voice, her little laughs between the corny jokes from the interviewer and just imagine what she looks like. I haven't seen her face in a while, I just can't bring myself to see any billboards or magazines. Every time I see one I look away and keep driving.

_____________
This is a gift to my favorite person on this app (you know who you are)

Also I want to go ahead and address right now that the timing for Megan's music releases in this fic will be altered to fit the timeline for this story! So some dates are not gonna be accurate!

Also I was listening to Work that by Megan Thee Stallion and Rodeo by Juvenile while writing.

Be safe, I love you so much. ❤️❤️❤️❤️