25

Megan

Two weeks and no response from Nicki since I texted her from a burner phone.

I don't have anything scheduled and I'm not going to the studio for a while so I'm going after her.

Amira scared me with one of our routine best friend phone calls, something about an ex and that's why I'm flying out with such an urgency.

I'm in Houston again, I think to myself as I grab my luggage from the carry on compartment in my private jet.

I'm kinda relieved to feel the warm Houston air on my face. Might see my parents later, but it's kinda late (7pm) to make extra drives. I'm tired and honestly wanna take a nap.

My security guy, Justin helps me into the black 8 Bugatti and I get going to Miss Carol's house. Amira and Miss Carol know I'm coming. I told Nicki. But I'm guessing she has me blocked in every burner number I've used.

The drive is 45 minutes from the airport to Carol's house so I take the time to de stress and calm down.

I hope Nicki isn't seeing someone else. We technically haven't broken up. My heart is beating so fast thinking of the possibilities and I honestly do think Justin can tell because he puts a hand on my shoulder and tells me to "breathe".

__________

I'm Nicki's childhood bedroom. Since I've arrived here Amira and Carol have been excited, but no Nicki. She went out. Who knows when she comes back.

10pm.

She's still not back.

I'm sitting on her bed and see a stack of digitally printed pictures on her nightstand.

I lean over and catch a glimpse of the both of us as teens and stuff. I won't go through it though. At least not til Nicki gets here.

I hear a call pull into the driveway. Since Nick's bedroom window looks right into the street I see a small part of the back of the car.

I hear footprints coming from down the hallway and hear it's Carol from her voice soon after.

"What the hell???" I hear her ask hella confused.

I just hear a lazy giggle from who I know is Nicki.

Carol opens the door and I get up off the bed. Nicki's in party attire and a woman, pretty, about 5'5, is helping her into her bedroom.

Good, because if they just partied she needs water and rest.

Tiffany.

Amira sent me her photo. I've scoured through all of her socials. I know her just as much as Nicki does at this point.

Onika stumbles and nearly falls but I run to catch her.

I'm a little mad that Tiffany still has her hands on her waist. I don't care if she's holding her up, Nicki is my girl.

"Bye baby—- take care." She makes a kissy noise.

I physically respond by my facial expression changing, Carol loudly huffs, Onika just groans and grabs her head.

"You okay?"

"Yeah."

Tiffany proceeds to try to help Nicki up as if I'm not here.