18

Megan

I'm in a hotel with my Mamaw and my manager, I go to New York in three days and they go back to Houston, Texas in about a week. I got touring out of the way successfully.

My business phone, which is in my manager's hand begins to go off wildly with notifications. I don't think much of it. the internet has it's moments where things trend and people get the hot twitter fingers. However my manager quickly sode eyes me and stands up.

We're all three in the bed watching a Tyler Perry classic so the way that she just turned to look at me is hella awkward.

Out of the corner of my eye I see a familiar face on her screen. An older man. One of the older guys I used to talk to to put food on the table for Mamaw and Pops.

Mamaw's phone goes off and she opens it. I see picture after picture of Screenshots of messages.

"Megan, what the fuck."

Then it hits me and my organs hit the floor. I snatch the business phone and run to the bathroom. My ears and neck are hot.

I gulp hard and tears well up in my eyes as it plays over and over in my head. All of the Trauma that Nicki and Therapy helped me get over is slowly undoing itself. It hurts like it's fresh.

I lean on my hands as I look into the bathroom mirror. I feel like I could be sick.

"Megan,what was that? What's goin' on???" My mama says over and over again.

Ion even know where my manager went.

I'm so fucking embarrassed.

"Mamaw, I'm sorry."

She sounds angry and I'm afraid to open the door.

"Open the door. I want to talk."

"No."

"Megan. We ain't compromisin', we are talkin'."

I wipe the tears that flood down my face. Y'know when Normani found out, she desperately tried to talk me out of it. Now look at me. The people that didn't originally know and weren't supposed to know, know. Isn't half of this shit being done illegal too anyways? I was a minor at the time.

"Baby, c'mon."

"No, Mamaw."

I would call Onika, but I don't wanna worry her. She's the only other person who knows.

This is just horrible.