3

6 years Ago...

Megan

I'm in the studio today. A lot of my songs are already written most of the way through and I had Nicki listen to me and critique my flow and lyrics here and there. I'm pretty much prepared and I have a plan of what I want things to sound like. I'm excited.

I walk in the door and see my producer, Julian, Lil Ju.

He smiles and comes over to hug me. We've been working with each other for a couple of years and he's my go to and practically family. Nicki and I joke that if we ever have a baby, he'll be the godfather.

I settle my things down where the controls are like I usually do. We do a quick greeting then I grab my notebook so I can go and jump into the booth like usual.

"How's Nick?"

"You know my baby perfect and doing her smart people thing all the time." I bite my lip and warm up.

He smirks.

"Ight you ready?"

"Yup."

He already knows.

I step in the studio and he begins to sound check and set my mic up.

"Oh and before we start, one of the guys who's supposed to feature. Is coming thru so we gotta touch on that track with him."

"Ight, man. Let's just get as much as we can done 'foe he get here."

He gives me a thumbs up and he finishes the sound check and we get going.

About an hour and a half in, Fredrick comes in.

He's an underground artist. Not really known but has a lot of heat and thought it wouldn't hurt to help him out. He's got some dyed red locs and has a bit of a feminine glow that he embraces to him. He's pretty weird but cool nonetheless.

"Hey."

"Hey." He responds with a smile.

"You ready?"

He nods.

The two of us are in the booth recording. I lay down my verses since it's my song along with most of the adlibs. Then he slides on. He's talented.

He looks at me as he records and I look away since he has a shy ass face.

I give him a small smile of encouragement and take sips of my water and he begins licking his lips and shit.

A wave of discomfort hits me but I try to cover it up by pretending to look concentrated.

I get a text on my phone from Nicki.

My baby < 3 💕:

I'm in the line getting some lunch. You still want the shrimp pasta?