20

Onika

I turn over to Megan after waking up from a long night's sleep. I wonder if she'll be in a better mood today.

She looks so peaceful when she sleeps. I lightly move a loc that fell out of her scarf back and she stirs a bit. I hold my breath in hopes I don't wake her.

My efforts are fruitless as she opens her eyes and squints at the sunlight beaming through the room.

"Morning."

"Morning, Nika." The day seems to be starting off better than anticipated.

I give her a kiss and she chuckles. I get up to start getting ready and I guess she gets some breakfast going.

"How you want ya coffee, Nika?"

"Iced." I hate when I'm drinking coffee throughout the day and it goes from being hot to cold.

I might as well have it iced from the get go.

"Ight." I hear her put on her slippers and head off to the kitchen with a yawn.

After I shower I come out in my business attire. A pantsuit and my braids are clipped back with a gold clip Megan got me.

We eat breakfast together, kissing between each bite and hee popping little jokes here and there.

Afterwards I get my heels on and get going.

She sits on the couch and watches some Hulu with a pillow on her lap. She looks hyper focused and I don't bother her.

"I'm going to work."

"Ight. Be safe. I love you so much."

"I love you more, Megs. Call or text if you need anything."

I grab my coat and give her a kiss and hug before exiting the penthouse.

_________

I haven't heard from Meg all day and I'm not sure if I should or shouldn't be worried.

"Baby!" I get upstairs to the kitchen and I see her on the couch crying from the kitchen island as I set my things down. "MEGAN!"

I rush to her side and go to hug her but she pushes me away.

"Meg--"

"No!" She puts a hand on my shoulder. "Sorry, Onika but Ion need comforting."

She has dark eyes and looks cold right now.

"You hungry?"

"I made some food fa you. C'mon." Megan leads me to the kitchen and insists I sit.

I know she's got a lot going on so I'm not mad at her or anything. But I am worried.

She gives me a kiss and comes out of it with a small smile. She's pushing her feelings away and I kinda don't like that. For her sake of course.

I take it she logged into Twitter or something. It's been having a negative affect on her lately.

"How was your day, baby?"

"Okay. What about chu?"

"Busy. But I'm ready to relax after dinner." I answer.

I sneak in a small hug before she wiggles away with a small 'stop'. It's not a playful 'stop' either. More like a warning.

I think I'm gonna take a shower and get into some clean pajamas and retreat to my office later today. She's proven she wants to destress on her own.

She serves me with a small smile and a kiss and walks back to our bedroom.

I miss how snuggly and cuddly she used to be.

_________________

I'm exiting the shower with my towel around my body when I hear the first of Megan's sniffling. I peel into the bedroom and see her covering her face with the sleeve of her hoodie.

I quickly get my underwear on and my oversized shirt and go to hug her quickly.

"Meg!"

"Onika, no i'm good!"

"Clearly you not good." I retort.

She's tense as I hug her and slightly sway. I kiss her cheek and rub the back of her head a bit the way she loves it. She sounds a bit pissed though.

"Onika, get awf."

"No."

"Onika, I ain't playin' witchu."

"Do sum, I dare you." I say sternly but not with aggression.

She doesn't say a thing else but just huffs and puffs.

"What's goin' on?" I ask.

I play with her faux locs a bit. She's quiet. I pull away to look into her eyes. She just stands up while picking me up and then sets me down on the bed and walks away.

"Really, Megan?"

____________
thoughts????