29

Megan

Onika is at a meeting. Thought it would give me time to have a phone call with Normani about this.

But she's just been scary.

"Meg, what if this is dug up on us?"

"I don't care."

"MEGAN."

"I will drop 10k dollars in your bank account."

Im currently FaceTiming her through my MacBook. In another iMessage chat I have opened up I'm seeing that Patrick, the same guy that I knew from highschool who lived in and owned the trap house just got out of jail literally two days ago.

I wasn't playing about Onika and Karly. And just to keep Tiffany that extra distance away I'm making sure they're both together when Karly gets ran up on.

Tiffany's should be smart enough to put two and two together. Onika would automatically suspect it being me if Tiffany also got hit.

I'll protect that woman with my life. I don't care how low I have to go.

Just thinking about it makes my blood boil. It wasn't just the stab would she had to deal with, I'm sure Karly decided to punch her once or twice. Along with alcohol poisoning. I though I was gonna lose her.

If that sounds over exaggerating, I don't care.

Seeing her in that hospital bed in a coma for two days was absolutely horrible.

Karly will pay.

I hear Normani clack around on her keyboard and she moves her mouse a little.

One thing about us when we were twins is that a lot of the shit we got into became useful later. Somehow.

"Okay, I have her full name. All of her previous home addresses... the addresses to some land she bought in Virginia. What else do you want?"

"What is useful?"

"I also have her current location. She appears to be in California." She says. "And what are you gonna do with all of this? Megan, it better not be anything stupid."

"Make an anonymous tip to the police." I say calmly.

Shit, I'm doing MORE than that.

I won't say that to her though. Normani is too sympathetic and I can't have her try to withhold anything from me.

She sends me a file to my email and I open it up. Her addresses, current location and more.

I mean I see her social security number on here, I see every school she's attended, her credit score... everything of value.

I really just need her whereabouts.

Patrick knows some people who'll take care of her. For that, so I won't have a paper trail, I have to fly to Houston but that's not an issue for me. We bought a ranch I Houston not too long ago so I'm gonna stay there and just make the hour long drive to Patrick's place. Not bad.

"How has therapy been by the way?"

"I mean. I still have my days... but way less frequently. I'm actually talking to Nick about everything."

"And your uterus or whatever?"

"Getting that examined and removed in two months. The fans can wait if they're true fans."

"Mmm, okay."

"Yeah."

I don't like how she changed the subject though, but then it's Normani's scary ass.

I text back Patrick on a good date to catch a flight to Houston. I have to fly out everywhere pretty often so Onika won't be suspicious.

This is all for her.

She's number one in my life, I don't ever want to come closer to losing her.

"When are you gonna marry her since you're scouring the earth to protect her?"

Normani chuckles but I smile wide.

"I gotta fly to Europe for that ring."

She nearly collapses in her office chair.

I don't joke about Onika.

"Forreal?"

"Normani I'm deadass, but it'll be at the end of the year. Closer to her birthday."

"Spring wedding vibes."

"But you gotta keep a tight lip about it or you're next." I'm semi-playful with it. "You never turn off share location with yo' scary ass."

"Fine, meany."

"Stalli!" I hear the door close and Onika's heels. "Baby!"

I hang up out of nowhere. I get goose flesh and try to close my tabs. There's a long hallway between the entrance and our bedroom so by the time she comes in I'm watching a random pimple popping video on my trending page.

"Baby, cme'a." I get up and hug her and give her a passionate kiss. "How was your meeting?"

"Pretty good." She has a giant smile.

It's a little before lunchtime so there's nothing on the stove.

"Baby, I wanna go out. On me, let's go."

"Where to?"

"Your choice, my love." She kisses me again.

"Maybe shopping."

"Ight. Get ready." She smacks my ass and I start moving to change my shoes and get some sunglasses.

"Imma change into sum more casual."

"Ight."

I gotta move through the rest of the day like I didn't just make some semi-illegal arrangements.