12

8 Years Ago

Onika

Megan's got me mixing her vocals for her because Julian got sick. I don't know anything about tech, but I'm the only other person she feels comfortable recording and going through the creating process with.

I'm honored she asked me for the help. I'm grabbing every opportunity to be around her that I can.

"You doin' good, baby." I say into the side of the headphones where she can hear me.

It won't cut through to the actual recording.

She nods and gives me a thumbs up. She does a verse and I watch as the waves appear on the screen where she's rapping. Thankfully Julian had everything pre set so I don't have to break my back much.

I concentrate hard on the tall woman in the booth and can't help but smile. She's really doing great and the passion megan has for this is evident.

_________

"Aww, my producer ti'd?" She kisses my cheek.

I nod, "I could fall asleep right here."

She's had me stuck to this computer for almost 4 fucking hours, mixing vocals and adding and taking things out of the beat and switching out takes and words she didn't think she emphasized right. Megan is a real perfectionist about these things though so I'm not surprised.

I'm still out here supporting her but no wonder some artists take so damn long to release shit.

I almost fell asleep on the damn table when she went out for a restroom break.

"Stop being playful."

"I'm serious."

She stares at me for a second. Then she proceeds to lift me over her shoulder.

"The hell?!"

"What? Imma carry yo ass to the car." She acts as if she didn't just plop me over her damn shoulder like a weightlifter.

So casually.

I drum on her ass as she grabs our bags and we begin to exit.

Megan just laughs as she helps me down to the ground and I get in the passenger seat of my car.

"Thanks fa' coming, Nicki. 'Preciate it."

I grab her face and kiss her tenderly, "No problem, Stalli."

______________
Drop some baby name ideas < 3

Hee hee