8

Onika

Megan and I haven't spoken to each other after that dinner. I miss her so much.

I'm in my childhood bedroom since Amira is the only other person home. I think she's got a boy over but I can't tell.

I'm just rearranging my room for the hell of it and going through my clothes. I'm planning on getting new clothes here in Texas and some things I just don't fit in anymore because of how thick I've gotten. New York food doesn't play.

I move my queen sized bed into my closet after cleaning all of that out and then start moving around my desk and dresser.

One thing about Carol Maraj, is that she has daughters with a keen eye for style.

My room already looks ten times better. I begin to take everything out of my dressers and suitcase and sort through things I don't want. I'll offer them to Amira or my mama and then send the rest to a goodwill or something.

I'm in the middle of rummaging through things when I see a medium sized cardboard box that fit flush in the back of one of my drawers.

Meg & Nicki < 3

I get it out after multiple tries and then some digitally printed pictures come out. Some of Megan and I kissing. Some of us just together. Along with pictures I took of her (some off guard and some not).

There's more in there and that's why I go ahead and start settling down on my bed.

I turn the music up louder and ironically, one of Meg's songs comes up.

I lay in bed and read through everything. All the letters, look through all the printed out pictures we took together. Some of her clothes are here.

I smile big and wide.

__________

7 Years Ago

I lay in bed and try to finish the last of my essay. Megan actually doesn't have anything to do so she's laid up, texting away on her phone.

She occasionally looks up at me smirking and I just shake my head and keep writing.

I suddenly see a bright flash go off in my face and Megan smirks.

"The hell you doin'?"

"I caint take pictures of my wife?"

She takes another photo and I almost fly forward to get her to stop. She doesn't even let me know when she's gonna do it. Doesn't even give me the chance to pose.

"Meg-- I ain't playin."

"I got a perfect nostril shot."

"You weird as hell fa' dat!"

She laughs and at this point I'm straddling her to try to get that goddamn phone.

In the process she sneaks about ten more pictures.

"Megan, c'mon whicho playful ass!" I reach my hand over. "You a cornball."

She flips us over, laughing hard as hell.

"What the hell?"

She takes pictures from that angle.

"Fix ya' face."

I decide to just give in on this angle. Thankfully my bedside lamp has good angles.

"You look so fuckin' perfect, Barbie." Megan boasts as she takes picture after picture. "I love you so much."

"I love you more. Can I go back to doin' mah work please?"

"Fine. But you gone have to speed it up cuz I wanna be with you right now."

___________

Thoughts on the flashback? (There will be more throughout the book since book 1 didn't really contain a lot of fluff and cute moments).