10

Megan

I open the front door and my chest swells completely when I see Nicki.

We hug almost immediately and I take her purse and bag for her.

"Missed you."

"Me too."

"Oooouuuu Stalli, you was paintin' ?"

I nod and pull her over to see my work. I was painting while watching a movie and got completely bored with myself.

It's just shapes and shit honestly.

"Go awn, sit down, Nika." I coax her. "Want sum ta' drink?"

"A water is fine."

"Ight. Go awn and sit."

I always get excited for Nicki to come over. It feels like before. I grab some water from the filter and return to Nick.

She admires my canvas.

"You're talented as fuck."

She takes the water.

"Thank you."

"Welcome. Thanks for the water."

"No problem."

I sit next to her and slowly sink my weight into her.

"C'mon." Nicki loops her arm around me.

I rest my head on her shoulder and she brings me closer, rubbing into my hair.

I got some knotless braids in so she's pretty much rubbing through my scalp with ease.

"How you been doin', Stalli?"

"Good." I answer with a smile. "You?"

"I'm good."

She smiles hard and I can't help but smile.

"Where you been all day?"

"I had a zoom meeting with my editor and with the company."

"It go good?" I ask, reaching up to touch her face.

"Yeah."

I sneak a small kiss to her cheek and she goes pink. My heart skips a beat.

"What about chu? You been paintin' all day?"

"Mmmmhmm." I add. "I got to do more fittings today too."

Nicki makes an excited face.

I roll my eyes playfully.

"What?"

"Nun."

"You ova here tryna see some ass so damn bad. You so thirsty."

Nicki shrugs and gets close to my face, "And what about it?"

"Who said I was complaining?" I blush. "But gimme a second, I wanna relax my hands and eyes."

"Ight."

She grabs my hands and begins massaging them gently. She goes knuckle by knuckle and it actually feels good. One thing about Nicki is she'll take care of you. She then laces out fingers together and squeezes a little.

"Feel better? Lemme do the next hand."

I just nod and close my eyes a bit. It feels so nice to have her here. The gap in my life has been filled with just this little gesture.

Onika

I'm massaging Megan's hands and lightly massaging her head. She closes her eyes and makes a face.

I've got a big ass smile across my face that I don't even bother to hide.

Paradise is over when the front door comes open and Karly appears with a big malicious smile.

I let go of Megan for a bit and stare up at the other woman, my smile dropping. Megan sits up and clings to me.

"Hey." Says Megan.

"Hey, beautiful. Hey... Nicki is it?" She gives me a small wave as she comes closer.

Her fingers are immediately in Megan's hair and Megan struggles to get her away. Megan and I haven't been together for years, but one thing that is embedded in me is my connection to her, I can feel how uncomfortable she is almost immediately.

Im not even trying to be possessive or anything but I'm not completely sure how to feel about Karly. I mean that FaceTime call where she was hugging up on Megan like that set the the wrong thing off for me.

"Need sum, Karl?"

"My charger." The woman says and walks off into the house.

Megan looks at me and I see her thinking before she gets up and makes me follow her. We weave through the hallways and get to her bedroom.

Karly's pretending to search through Meg's closet for this charger. We both know she's just being nosy and lurking.

Meg and I lay in the bed semi-comfortably and Meg leans her head on my shoulder and turns the tv on. She sighs loud as she and clicks her tongue. Karly pokes her head out to see us, completely empty handed.

"I must've left it at my other friend's house." Karly says. "...okay I'll text you, Meg."

As soon as she says that, Meg has her hand on my stomach and rubs it lightly.

"Okay. Drive safely." Megan says flatly and then focuses on me again.

"We never really spoke about her." I say.

"Um... she's a friend I met a few years back in the studio. But Ion know what's been up with her."

There's no way Megan is this oblivious, "She likes you."

"Nick, that ain't a problem because Ion like ha'."

"You ain't see how she walked up in yo' house and was all in yo braids?"

Megan shrugs, "ion want her though. You know who I want."

"Meg, I ain't accusin' you a' nun but I will say, be careful wit ha'."

She nods and snuggles closer to me and I hold her close. I snuggle my face into the side of her head and breathe in her expensive cherry blossom scent. With my other hand that's around her waist, I play with the fabric of her crop top.

I just don't wanna lose Megan again.

"Can I give you a quick kiss?"

I nod and sink into the contact when Megan connects our lips. I play with the hem of her shirt a bit but don't move to take it off. I'm not tryna fuck right now, but I do wanna show her I love her and care about her.

__________