33

Minutes later...

Omniscient

Megan is being pulled onto the stretcher and Onika's sobs and tears are loud.

For a moment she thinks Megan is dead because she doesn't move for a few seconds. Not a blink, not a flinch. She's just limp.

Onika bypasses the police and gets in the back of the ambulance with the love of her life.

"Megan, open ya eyes baby." Onika is frantic and pushes the paramedic to the side when they're trying to help stabilize Megan. "Open them eyes, Megan, plea—-"

"Ma'am." An older paramedic pulls Onika to the side by force and begins to rub defoliants toes together and press then to Megan's chest.

The woman's pulse has been found and lost so they're doing this after too many seconds of a still and steady 0 on the screen.

Onika's crying as the student paramedic tries to calm her down.

"Megan, come on."

Onika gets him off and drops to the floor, she shakes feverishly with a red face and red eyes and snot running down her face.

"Baby please!" She cries. "Baby, please. Just come back to me, please."

The paramedic rubs the defilibrators together again and Megan's chest rises and falls and her pulse goes for a few seconds, then stops.

"Ma'am, I think it's time to stop."

Onika glares at the older paramedic and the man takes it as a sign to continue one last time.

"Just come back to me, Megan. We been through too much for you to just leave me now."

Onika gets to Megan's side at a safe distance and holds her breath as one more time.

Megan's chest rises and falls.

Onika puts her hand to one of Megan's cuts as soon as it's safe to touch Megan again.

They all look to the vitals on the screen right next to Megan's head.

Megan is alive.

The End

Fin

_________________

_________________

Just wanted to give y'all a big thank you for following the books in the "I'll Take Care of You" series. This couple now holds a special place in my heart because of y'all ❤️❤️❤️.

Hope y'all liked reading it as much as I loved writing it.

See y'all in the next book. Follow my page for more if you don't already.

What other ships/pairings should I do?