26

Warning: alcohol usage and smoking mentions and depictions!!! Descriptions of a stabbing.

Onika

Tiffany invited me to her birthday party. It's at a club and I won't pass up a good time.

I get into the club with my ID and walk in being nearly blinded by all of the lights. 

I haven't done anything with Tiffany, just had some friendly coffees with her and talked to her over the phone a couple of times.

Im still holding onto Megan and I even though sometimes I don't even know how to feel about the woman.

Im just coming out here to have a good time because my mind's been a blur thinking about Megan and her whole situation. She's been wanting to talk but I'm not even sure how to go about it. She has been so unpredictable lately.

I won't lie though, having her in the same bed as me for a few hours until the morning made me feel secure. But she had to go. I felt secure but on edge.

I believe she went to her parent's house. Don't know though, miss her though. Won't even cap and I don't know if I like this feeling or not.

However Megan flows out of my mind as I'm handed shots of whatever one of the servers comes over with.

I place the gift at the designated table and walk off to taste just about every kind of drink they have at the bar. Everyone else is dancing and partying and cutting up.

I spot Tiffany, but she's talking to some guy next to the DJ's booth.

Shit miss Megan but like I said, I don't know.

The bartender just keeps sliding drinks my way and I keep sliding back empty cups after downing the one he just gave me.

"Dammnnnn." Im fully enibrated now and turn around to see Tiffany. "Party just started. But hey gal."

She comes over and hugs me, purposefully puffing her thirties in my face. I ignore because I see what she's trying to do but not entertaining her.

"I got a friend you'll really click with, actualky, she my cou—-"

She pulls Karly from behind her.

Karly. I'm drunk but I can see her clearly. Karly.

My drink is in front of me and I'm too drunk to really be able to make a stank face. But if I was sober enough I'd have cussed the bitch out already. Being drunk sometimes slows me down.

"Hey." Karly says lowly.

She sticks her hand out and I lazily look up. I hold eye contact.

"I said hey."

"Fuck I gotta say hi to you for?" Finally it kicked in.

I immediately get up and leave.

How?!

How did I not know that Tiffany had invited her???

"Nicki!"

"I've got to go." I manage to get out as I clutch my purse.

"Wait, Nick!"

Tiffany tries to catch up but I'm in the busy city streets already.

As I try to head to the parking garage, I feel my footing get real heavy and I struggle to keep my balance.

I pass out in the grass. I feel like something pierced me but I fully black out.

___________

I open my eyes and squint at the pain on the back of my thigh.

I feel my hand in someone's else's and open my eyes up the rest of the way.

Megan.

She's bouncing her leg and keeps sniffling (no tears from crying though). This is what she does when she's nervous.

"Nick..." she says quietly and then bursts into tears, hugging me tight. "You with me baby?"

I nod and snuggle back into her.

"You feelin' okay?" She asks, looking me over.

"A lil." I cough a bit. "Fuck happened to my leg?"

"They found a knife stuck to it. You have— had and infection but they gave you antibiotics."

"Knife?"

"Yes, a knife. Where you go? Any idea who did this to you?" She brushes my hair outta my face.

I just hold onto her hand.

Somehow I just know it was Karly.

She comes up close and kisses my forehead, "Onika, I need you to try to recall as much as you can cuz Imma kill the muthafucka who did this to you."

I get a wave of chills and close my eyes.

I swear the scene replays of me falling to the ground and trying to crawl under some bushes.

Karly's voice, her cold hand, the blade never exiting my body.

Megan's kill her if she got to her.

"There were like two celebrities caught at this party up in downtown Houston. She did this to you?"

"Tell me a name. Ain't gone guess around."

"Karly. That fuckin' bitch do this?"

I just look at her quietly.

Her face drops. I mean all of the blood in her face flushes out.

"Baby."

"Don't worry about it, I got it from here. Just focus on healing. Know I ain't eva gone leave yo' side, I swear on errthang."

I nod and hold her close. I honestly don't wanna be alone right now. And I missed her too much lowkey. I play with her braids and kiss her cheek.

"It's gone be okay."

"Yeah it is."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Lesson: stay away from Tiffany.

Lesson learned? Lesson absolutely learned and aced.

__________
Thoughts?